Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new project - sinar P2 conversion to a7series  (Read 8347 times)

chiek

• chiek imaging
new project - sinar P2 conversion to a7series
« on: September 22, 2015, 05:39:02 am »

to perfect tech cam, MOD sinar P2 project.

a7 series mountable Sinar camera.
It can fit Canon EF lens mount (AF usable, especially a7R2 to Faster AF) and copal shutter mounts.

using sinar standard, It has very precision and perfect technical cam.

I'm now searching most valuable lens in All focal length.

Any comments are welcome

designing camera blog
chiek.co.kr/cam
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:48:37 am by chiek »
chiek imaging, in Seoul, SOUTH-KOREA.
Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFv-50c medium format and a7R systems
major job is products shot, especially for electronic products.
but interested in Landscapes and Portraits, Still-life.
my hobby is Designing camera…
www.chiek.co.kr

chiek

• chiek imaging
Re: new project - sinar P2 conversion to a7series
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 04:03:32 am »

Not making yet, just 1st thinking.

using Redrock micro Canon lens controller.

Hasselblad CF lens actuation mount

desgning camera blog.
chiek.co.kr/cam
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:48:57 am by chiek »
www.chiek.co.kr

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 10:25:27 pm »

Inserting Canon/Sony AF adapter
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:45:56 am by chiek »
www.chiek.co.kr

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:15:02 am by chiek »
www.chiek.co.kr

Ken R

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 10:34:11 pm »

Someone should hire you chiek! You single-handedly engineer some awesome camera solutions. With more resources you could be pumping out more polished products in no time.

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 08:14:53 am »

updated.
Almost done. success to work , Rear base a7r controlled to front Canon Af lens (focusing and aperture)

chiek.co.kr/cam
www.chiek.co.kr

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 11:59:29 pm »

Wow!

This looks like an elaborate modification!  I didn't realize it would need to be. I guess you to a Bionz compatible adapter, and stripped it for canon mount?  Wow...
This keeps all the electronics in control.I cant wait to see the results.

The old Macro Elmar 100 is sharper than the canon 180. Comparable, but I think it had the edge. Although I think someone was saying the lpi is higher on the 180, and perhaps the contrast was the reason?? To my eye, the 100 had the edge.
The Schneider 180 digi macro is also super sharp, but I didn't test with the same back.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 12:05:32 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 10:36:25 am »

Success Work Focusing and Aperture. Infinty Focus. WoW!!!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:28:56 pm by chiek »
www.chiek.co.kr

Theodoros

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 11:48:53 am »

Great work (as always with Chiek)... 

I've also started a project as to replace my Fuji GX-680 system with another with (more and far more accurate geared controlled) movements. The project's task is to use Contax 645 lenses on a view camera with both MFDBs and mirrorless cameras as well as to retain multishot "true colour" capability with the MFDBs.

My (highly modified) Rollei X-act 2 will have full communication interface between C645 backs (on the rear standard) and  C645 lenses (on the front standard),
-will do multishot,
-will focus all C645 lenses to infinity,
-will rotate the rear standard by 90degs,
-will have a focal plane shutter with speeds up to 1/4000 & flash sync up to 1/125sec,
-will have exremely bright optical finder with microprism shimmed to absolute zero for both sensor & film, but LV with MFDB & mirrorless too,
-will take a FF mirrorless on the same rear standard, there will be no "one shot" cable needed for P1 backs,
-will  allow shooting with a C645 film back retaining the back's automatic rewind of film,
-will have a 42x31.5mm framing area extremely accurately marked for the backs, so that all C645 lenses will be able to be used with full movements,
-will provide full EXIF data to be stored.

The project's stages will be photographed and presented here with full description... At the moment, we (me, my technician and my machinist - all good friends) finished collecting the equipment needed (a Contax 645 body with busted AF, a "naked" Rollei xAct 2 body, a C645 film back with no insert and a Hartblei  screen with microprism) and finished the design of the parts that need to be machined as well as the ergonomics design of the final set up...

So, if one wants to discuss anything on the project and the solutions that have been found, don't hesitate to ask as the project will be easily adaptable to nearly ALL View cameras with the same process...

EDIT: After the project will be finished (about four months time) there will be adapters designed that will enable to use even wider circle lenses on the (very wide) Contax mount of the front standard...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:17:11 pm by Theodoros »

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 12:38:26 pm »

Great work (as always with Chiek)... 

I've also started a project as to replace my Fuji GX-680 system with another with (more and far more accurate geared controlled) movements. The project's task is to use Contax 645 lenses on a view camera with both MFDBs and mirrorless cameras as well as to retain multishot "true colour" capability with the MFDBs.

Great, Theodoros.
I'm very interested in use contax645 glass. but It has electronic aperture, too.
I mailed Chinese Fringer C645 to Canon adapter developer, but not heard good informations.

keep up the good project and hope shared information to forum users.
www.chiek.co.kr

Theodoros

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 01:08:49 pm »

Great, Theodoros.
I'm very interested in use contax645 glass. but It has electronic aperture, too.
I mailed Chinese Fringer C645 to Canon adapter developer, but not heard good informations.

Oh... I didn't bother at all as to "break" the C645 lens interface... What I did instead, I bought a damaged C645 with AF and shutter busted, I had my technician to replace the shutter with a new one I had in stock and then we took apart the camera, use the electronics that control the aperture and shutter speed in a separate box that will have the battery, the shutter dial, the pc-sync socket and the remote release socket on it (the box will be bolted on the edge of the rear standard) and then have two cables, one to the front standard as to re-wire it (via a male-female multi pin socket) with the wiring of the Lens mount CPUs... The rear standard will have the rear panel of the Contax 645 integrated on it, (with the focal plane shutter, the CPU contacts and the back mounting hinges as they are) and will again be re-wired (again with male -female multi-pin plague) via another cable with the control circuit board of the camera which will be "transferred" there...

What is retained from the circuit and is housed on the external box that will be bolted at the edge of the rear standard, is only the printed ICC of the C645 that controls the aperture and the shutter, gives signal to the PC socket and takes signal from the remote release socket of the original camera.   

I'm sure with the above information you can try it yourself... (that's why I shared it here)  ;)

Theodoros

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 01:29:21 pm »

For screen, we use a 20$ Hartblei with microprism (very bright!) and a film back with no insert, we have just cut the screen to the size of the "film window" (the width is perfect, only the height needs to be cut off) and just glue it to where the light sensitive area should be... If you remove the film back's port, then you'll find that what's left of the housing provides a great shading! Using the film back casing for screen carrier is extremely handy, because it attaches on the camera exactly the same way the MFDB does, so one takes one out and plugs the other in in seconds without having to use a sliding back... The other major advantage is that you can shim the screen so that is dead accurate where the sensor will be... For magnifying, I will have parts of the film back's top and bottom housing cut off and use the Hartblei  chimney finder... it works brilliantly!  :D

Theodoros

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 06:35:47 pm »

Aaaah... One more thing, to mount a mirrorless on, don't machine a new plate for the rear standard, but retain the original one of the MFDB. What you need to do, is to machine an adapter plate that plugs on the same hinges as the MFDB (or film back - you can even "sacrifice" another film back case as to avoid machining) does and has the mirrorless mounting center aligned with the MFDB's center, so that you can unplug one and plug the other... All you have to do then for LV to work, is to open the shutter (set on B with a lock on remote release) and the aperture will work! (just choose a camera -like the Rollei XAct- as "base" that will allow the front standard to "come back" another 1.5-1.7cm -mind the grip of the mirrorless- so that the lens distance will be compensated for the further back mirrorless mounting.)

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 08:11:34 am »

Completed ! It's the only one AF technical camera of the world.
I will use this cam for me only.
Can't make another… It's very very very difficult.

Test video (Youtube)
https://youtu.be/iAVsrVUh-kg
www.chiek.co.kr

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 07:07:26 pm »

Ha!  That's so awesome, Chiek.  Great job!

Theodoros

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 03:19:54 am »

Great, Theodoros.

By the way (now that you mentioned Fringer)... You can use C645 lenses on this camera with AF... All you have to do is to get the Fringer Contax N to Sony E adapter and the Nam-1 adapter and then make a new lens board that will be of Contax N mount (by taking apart the Fringer adapter) with the electronics of the adapter included... Then you can use the C645 lenses mounted on the NAM-1... The NAM-1 is wide enough as to exhibit no vignetting and the mounting distance of the Contax N is the same as Canon Eos...

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 01:19:26 am »

By the way (now that you mentioned Fringer)... You can use C645 lenses on this camera with AF... All you have to do is to get the Fringer Contax N to Sony E adapter and the Nam-1 adapter and then make a new lens board that will be of Contax N mount (by taking apart the Fringer adapter) with the electronics of the adapter included... Then you can use the C645 lenses mounted on the NAM-1... The NAM-1 is wide enough as to exhibit no vignetting and the mounting distance of the Contax N is the same as Canon Eos...

Yes, I know. but Electronics parts are not easy, very difficult.
This set up, I used cheap commlite Canon-Sony AF adapter, Its construction is best fit for my designing.
but It's not allowed 0.1mm tolerance. 3ea commlite AF adapter gone to trash.

I have no money to buy 3~4ea fringer adapter, Its price is expensive.

I make money from my commercial product photography. but designing camera parts is always lose money.  ;)
www.chiek.co.kr
Pages: [1]   Go Up