Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scam on LuLa?  (Read 1732 times)

frfr

Scam on LuLa?
« on: September 22, 2015, 04:41:51 am »

Hi there,

I am looking for help here. I purchased equipment to somebody on the forum (several hundreds of posts all on buy/sell section), still did not receive any of it, and no reply anymore to my emails since few weeks: I have no idea of the seller's intention.

Some history:
-I paid the whole sum by paypal in June
-In July the seller sent me a message telling me he has to ship the package again (mistake in filling custom form)
-I ask him to hold for a month that I am back from holidays
-Middle August I contact him again for shipping, then few days later he replies he will tell me tracking number the same day

Since then no reply. I asked tracking number a week after his last email then another one a week ago. No reply.
Seller has been on the forum for many years and did many sales. I do not think he is a scammer but I do not understand his silence.
What went wrong? What should I do? Any suggestion welcome!

Thanks

François
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 04:44:02 am by frfr »
François Trézin
www.frfrfrfr.com

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Scam on LuLa?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 04:51:07 am »

Could be that the seller is on a vacation or in a hospital. In some countries, it is difficult or even impossible to use email system.
Wait another week or try to call him.

frfr

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 05:02:24 am »

I noticed that in between he "bumped" some other ad. But you are right, maybe on holiday.
Anyway I can only wait. I only have his email address, nothing else.
François Trézin
www.frfrfrfr.com

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 06:15:33 am »

I noticed that in between he "bumped" some other ad. But you are right, maybe on holiday.
Anyway I can only wait. I only have his email address, nothing else.

I re-read your original post, and since you paid in June, it is indeed a long time.
Maybe, in this case, you could write to the Lula administrator, describe your situation, and request personal info of the seller, so you can contact him directly.

jeremyrh

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 07:36:02 am »

Can you raise a case with Paypal (assuming you didn't make the mistake of paying by Paypal Gift ... ) ?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:14:37 am »

I re-read your original post, and since you paid in June, it is indeed a long time.
Maybe, in this case, you could write to the Lula administrator, describe your situation, and request personal info of the seller, so you can contact him directly.

This is not something for the Administrator, this is a private deal. In fact, giving out personal details in this context would be a violation of privacy, and also could hurt confidence of people who would consider a legitimate sales offer.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 09:54:59 am »

At this point as administrators we have no idea who the seller is.  You can always do a PM to Chris or me and we'll look to see if this person has a history.  I would suggest you contact the seller direct.  Did you get full contact info?  Also, Paypal is very good at handling these issues.  You should deal with them in this matter also.  Hopefully it is all a misunderstanding.  If there turns out to be something more PM Chris or myself and we will look into it form our end.

Kevin
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

frfr

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 05:34:40 am »

As Kevin suggested I will see what can be done with Paypal. Luckily I did not pay with Paypal gift). Meanwhile I will contact you, Kevin.
Thanks for help!
François Trézin
www.frfrfrfr.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up