Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: web page (mobile friendly) directly out of Bridge?  (Read 1337 times)

FrankG

web page (mobile friendly) directly out of Bridge?
« on: September 18, 2015, 08:38:18 pm »

I usually make a quick web page directly out of Bridge (Output) to show someone a bunch of shots. I upload it to my site and place it in a temp folder and send the link.

Problem is that it is a very basic html template / page and needs you to click 'next' 'previous' etc so... if you're on an ipad without a mouse it isnt so easy to navigate (cant swipe / drag).

Can you suggest a dfferent way to make quick & easy web pages that are mobile friendly without buying Dreamweaver or other app? I'd like to be able to do it straight out of Bridge if possible.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:09:58 pm by FrankG »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: web page (mobile friendly) directly out of Bridge?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 03:34:51 am »

If you are dealing with raw files, Lightroom is the obvious solution as version 6 has new mobile-friendly galleries
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 03:38:57 am by john beardsworth »

FrankG

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 08:10:57 am »

I was hoping there'd be a plug-in or script or some way to do it without purchasing & learning another program.
Are you doing it in LR?
From this chart it isn't clear whether it's possible (only html mentioned:
http://www.adobe.com/ca/products/photoshop-lightroom/versions.html

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 08:24:17 am »

Few people use Bridge for this, so you won't find plugins or scripts. You're going to have to learn something.

The new Lr galleries are mobile friendly, so you could generate galleries as you do, but using Lr. If you get LR/PS by subscribing, there is an alternative way to share a web gallery with someone (via the LrMobile service) that is even easier. You just sync a collection (a right click) and then share the URL. Or another route is to subscribe to a service like ZenFolio or Photoshelter and upload JPEGs to the service. Their web gallery options are very flexible.

FrankG

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 08:57:16 am »

I guess if I'm going to have to subscribe to something it makes more sense to go with LR rather than Zenfolio or Photoshelter & get the other benefits too.
However the thought of wrapping my head around LR is a tad daunting (I'm an old dog & it's tough to learn new tricks:-)
The reams of web pages trying to explain catalog management makes Bridge seem like a kindergarden sandbox by comparison :-)

" (via the LrMobile service) that is even easier. You just sync a collection (a right click) and then share the URL"

Is this LrMobile included as part of Lr? Is "a collection" what I'd call a folder of images in Bridge?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 09:36:39 am »

" (via the LrMobile service) that is even easier. You just sync a collection (a right click) and then share the URL"
Is this LrMobile included as part of Lr? Is "a collection" what I'd call a folder of images in Bridge?

A collection is what you call a collection in Bridge, Frank ;)

If you buy Lr by subscribing to the "CC Photography Plan", you get the latest Lightroom, Photoshop and Lightroom Mobile (which lets you put photos on a tablet, phone and on the web). Obviously that's some expense and learning, but some people adapt to catalogues quite easily.

My suspicion is that you might be best advised to try ZenFolio.

FrankG

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 09:42:26 am »

thanks for your help John

Just one last thing...are you sure that you can generate iPad and iPhone friendly pages out of Lr ?

There has historically been a conflict about Flash (adobe) and Apple
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:18:10 am by FrankG »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 07:21:44 am »

Just one last thing...are you sure that you can generate iPad and iPhone friendly pages out of Lr ?

You've asked that question already, Frank. That's what I mean by mobile friendly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up