Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Sftw Update!  (Read 12244 times)

mbaginy

Re: Forum Sftw Update!
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 05:41:19 pm »

I've never seen that before Slobodan.  Thanks for pointing that function out.  That's new, right?  Next we'll have blinking fonts?  I'll make sure not to use stuff like that..  Can't imagine what good it could be.  I'm not really pleased with some of the recent changes, they seem to complicate processes or make reading posts more difficult.

AlterEgo

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 05:42:54 pm »

I've never seen that before Slobodan.  Thanks for pointing that function out.  That's new, right?  Next we'll have blinking fonts?  I'll make sure not to use stuff like that..  Can't imagine what good it could be.  I'm not really pleased with some of the recent changes, they seem to complicate processes or make reading posts more difficult.

why not, old lovely bubbles are gone, that at least makes the quote stand out  8)

BJL

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2015, 05:46:06 pm »

Alterego:

How did you do that?

My last post walked from right to left right across your own post!
That's "Marquee": if we also had [blink]Blink[/blink], we could be back to the worst of '90's web page style!
This really old page explains: http://www.math.unm.edu/writingHTML/tut/tut17.html
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:51:53 pm by BJL »

AlterEgo

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2015, 06:03:38 pm »

That's "Marquee": if we also had [blink]Blink[/blink], we could be back to the worst of '90's web page style!
This really old page explains: http://www.math.unm.edu/writingHTML/tut/tut17.html
we also need to change the background to something black

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 06:54:54 pm »

The trouble with [marquee] is that it seems to depend on a script, and with scripts turned off on Internet Exploiter, it makes these quotes just disappear.

I can see them scroll on Chrome, however.

Interestingly, [marquee] the codes that Solobodan's button on LuLa puts in are {move} and {/move} (but with square brackets) instead of [marquee] and [/marquee]. I wonder why?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:59:12 pm by Eric Myrvaagnes »
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2015, 06:58:56 pm »

Whenever you upgrade software your get new features.  We were on very old software and for compatibility with Tapatalk and security as well as other needs we needed to get the Forum Software upgraded.  With the upgrade comes the features you have all found.  Enjoy them while you can.  Many readers as well as users have wanted a way to format their posts and replies.  If we have the option we will limit many of these fancy features so enjoy them while they are available. 

Give us a week to get things cleaned up and we'll see where we end up. 

Kevin

Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2015, 07:56:42 pm »

...Give us a week...

Bye. See you in a week.

Manoli

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2015, 01:19:52 am »

Missing the old style quote boxes.
Indented grey on grey seems a poor substitute - much harder to read, even bordering on the unpleasant.

Also,
the preview button in 'post reply' is limited to barely 2 lines and almost impossible to scroll.

stamper

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2015, 06:05:35 am »

Image posting. In the past when an image was posted there was a thumbnail size that when clicked on would expand to a size that was contained within the monitor. Now when you click the image has to be scrolled. Imo this is too large and the image size in the past was a "reasonable" size. My save for web is 1200 wide by whatever the ratio. Is web sizing smaller the answer? Which would mean a smaller thumbnail but when clicked upon would be a "reasonable" size?

stamper

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2015, 06:09:07 am »

Hopefully the scrolling horizontal and coloured text is only a passing fad and the text will once again become static and black? Or are the "kids" on here going to continue to play with it?  :(

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2015, 06:48:55 am »

As I have said before the new version 2 has all sort of bells and whistles that we are working on limiting.  Like colored scrolling text.  We are working on removing a lot of these not needed features.

Kevin

Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Rob C

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2015, 03:40:25 am »

Just a thought.

Sometimes, when someone is making a quotation that includes a photograph or a series of them, the actual response to that quotation might be a very brief one indeed.

Is that kind of situation avoidable, so that the relevant piece of quotation that's being addressed is all that appears within the quoted reply instead of a ream of pictures that take a lot of scrolling to reach the reply proper, and by the time that's reached, the actual quoted part gets lost beyond the physical capability of the screen to display?

I mean, it's not difficult to look at a picture again without having it take up a lot of visbile space second time around. I think if there's a mechanism whereby you can include the shot is you want to, then you have to employ it, but otherwise, just the relevant copy appears, which might make the experience smoother.

Rob C
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:31:27 am by Rob C »

AreBee

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2015, 05:16:14 am »

I would be grateful if a more generous time period was allowed for posts to be edited before "« Last Edit: [date], [time] by [member]»" appears.

The time period currently is approximately 90 seconds. I propose for it to be increased to three or five minutes.

EDIT: Also, BBCode for member signatures apparently does not work.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:39:42 am by Rob B. »

TomFrerichs

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2015, 02:14:02 pm »

As I have said before the new version 2 has all sort of bells and whistles that we are working on limiting.  Like colored scrolling text.  We are working on removing a lot of these not needed features.

Kevin

Could you enable the Quatro Pro plugin?  I think it would be very helpful.

Tom

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2015, 12:24:22 am »

Missing the old style quote boxes.
Indented grey on grey seems a poor substitute - much harder to read, even bordering on the unpleasant.
Hooray!!!

Quote boxes are back!!

Thank you! That's good progress.

Eric M.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2015, 12:41:37 am »

Kevin, the one thing I really miss is the old Mark Read and nav back to the main forum. Also, you've moved Mark way to the right (it used to be on the left most button on the right and have to move all the way across the page to move up to the main forum. Also, what happened to the Reply next to the Quote button?

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2015, 08:24:27 am »

Jeff,  still working on a number of things.  Some stuff requires a bit of custom work and my guys are working on it.  It may take a few more days. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

landscapephoto

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2015, 01:22:56 am »

I noticed a bug: at the bottom of each forum page, there is a "jump to" choice with a rolling menu. It does not work in the section for Medium Format. Apparently, the box size is too short for the title of that forum.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2015, 07:59:54 am »

Looks ok on my iPad. We will take a look at it though.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up