Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best sites for photoblogs/galleries?  (Read 5190 times)

gabrielmoss

best sites for photoblogs/galleries?
« on: March 17, 2006, 02:51:16 pm »

i have been looking for a site to host my photoblog and gallery. i have found ones that do each separately- blogger.com for photoblog and photobucket.com for galleries but i haven't found on that can do both. i am willing to pay a little for a good site.

thank you, gabriel

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 04:07:23 pm »

Bobtrips

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 03:28:37 pm »

i have been looking for a site to host my photoblog and gallery. i have found ones that do each separately- blogger.com for photoblog and photobucket.com for galleries but i haven't found on that can do both. i am willing to pay a little for a good site.
thank you, Gabriel
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try [a href=\"http://www.jeber.com]JEBER[/url].  It's free.  

It's in Beta phase at the moment, so some more users who are willing to offer feedback are especially welcome.  The owner is quite open to suggestion and seems to be creating a very good photo site.

Ali, who owns the site, also runs TRAVEL BLOG which is a very successful blog site for travelers.

--

BTW, it's a great site for forming an on line photo club based on a particular interest.

I've started up a couple - The Blind Pig Guild for travelers who are interested in improving their photography/editing skills and Flowers of Asia.

Both clubs could use some active members.  I'd love to have some people with more skills than me join.  (Shouldn't be hard to jump that hurdle.   ;o)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 03:31:39 pm by Bobtrips »

gabrielmoss

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 12:26:24 am »

how would i join your club?

Gabriel

Try JEBER.  It's free. 

It's in Beta phase at the moment, so some more users who are willing to offer feedback are especially welcome.  The owner is quite open to suggestion and seems to be creating a very good photo site.

Ali, who owns the site, also runs TRAVEL BLOG which is a very successful blog site for travelers.

--

BTW, it's a great site for forming an on line photo club based on a particular interest.

I've started up a couple - The Blind Pig Guild for travelers who are interested in improving their photography/editing skills and Flowers of Asia.

Both clubs could use some active members.  I'd love to have some people with more skills than me join.  (Shouldn't be hard to jump that hurdle.   ;o)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60593\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Scott_H

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 05:44:02 am »

At this point your best bet is probably to get a host, and make your own.  My experience is similar to yours, and I use two different sites: pbase, and expressions.
[url=http://scottsblog.my-expressions.co

Bobtrips

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 11:29:13 am »

how would i join your club?

Gabriel
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just go to [a href=\"http://www.jeber.com/Clubs/Blind-Pig/]The Blind Pig front page[/url] and look for the 'Apply to Join' clicker.  Love to have some more members.

Bobtrips

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 11:31:35 am »

At this point your best bet is probably to get a host, and make your own.  My experience is similar to yours, and I use two different sites: pbase, and expressions.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60671\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But with a site such as Jeber you can upload your photos into your Image Pool and then use them in multiple places.  No linking required.

You can use the same uploaded photo in personal galleries, blogs, or clubs.

And you don't have to learn to code.

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 02:34:04 pm »

i have been looking for a site to host my photoblog and gallery. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60527\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

www.omniblog.com should be fully functional in a few days, though it is in beta.  You can see samples of how the blog/albums work though at www.collum.omniblog.com.  

Biggest advantage is the link code for the images.  It allows you to insert a thumb, a full-size image, a pre-established specific pixel dimension image (you determine this size in your user prefs) or a thumb linked to either the full or sized image.  Pretty slick.

Send me an email or PM if you want more details.

Cheers,
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/
Pages: [1]   Go Up