Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back in NYC  (Read 425 times)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Back in NYC
« on: September 14, 2015, 08:45:11 am »

Back in NYC...

Peter

Rob C

Re: Back in NYC
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 10:51:30 am »

Back in NYC...

Peter

Hmm... I'm glad to say that that's pretty much where my own head is at these days! I find b/white, life beyond our control, the everyday revealed as something seen but not actually noticed before, to be the photographic reward that's available outwith resorting to paid subjects. Increasingly I have been thinking that it's not what you photograph, but what you do with what you photograph.

I look upon it as street (both your shot above, and what I'm trying too) but without being invasive. Partly I don't like confrontation; partly I don't see the point of photographing somebody I don't know unless I can put the 'work' into one shoebox or another, which is where I try to go with my pretty strangers attempts, though it's not got very far for lack of, well, pretty ones I'm quick enough to see coming, or feel brave enough to snap. That depends on many things inside my own mind at the time.

One day I must take the car down to Palma and see what's what in the little Big Smoke. But, as Saul Leiter said, "nobody knows what's what, and by the time they find out it's too late".

Thanks for posting that shot; encouraging stuff!

Rob C

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Back in NYC
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 11:45:22 am »

Shades of Lee Friedlander. There's Peter doing a selfie. Glad to hear it, Peter. You do good work there.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up