Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading images  (Read 981 times)

stamper

Uploading images
« on: September 13, 2015, 06:17:33 am »

Has anyone had problems uploading images to the site in the last week? I have been trying to upload a jpg about 800kb and nothing happens. No changes to my computer and uploads to Facebook are fine. I use the Browse button and select the image. Checked the permissions to the file and I have full control. TIA

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Uploading images
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 07:25:13 am »

We haven't had any reports regarding upload issues.  I'll check on Monday with my web guys though.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

stamper

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 07:56:25 am »

Thanks Kevin. I have managed to upload the image via Internet Explorer so it is a Firefox issue. :(
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:04:21 am by stamper »

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 09:05:41 am »

Hi Kevin,

I have an issue with uploading images, but it isn't about method, it's about the end result.

The problem is one of crispness: I accept that subject matter can be open to interpretation, and thus almost impossible to judge, but the most obvious problem (and certainly easily seen) with my pictures in LuLa is the softness evident in the © and caption material which accompanies each posted image. This isn't visible either in Photoshop or on my website.

However, this isn't new: I remember first seeing this strange effect a year or more ago, so it isn't a recent occurrence. I can't remember what the outcome of my enquiry was at that time. I always imagined that digital transfers were mechanically foolproof...

You can find sample images of mine within Without Prejudice in the Critique section.

The actual photographic area is always a maximum of 600 pixels wide on horizontal images; with the black border included, the images are 810 x 610 pixels.

Thanks for any suggested solutions.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up