Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lula Capture One Pro videos?  (Read 5227 times)

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Lula Capture One Pro videos?
« on: September 11, 2015, 10:31:42 pm »

I've been looking at the Luminous Landscape videos for Capture One Pro. The main video is on version 7 with a just released update on version 8.  I'm still learning C1 and interested to learn if this series of videos is worthwhile. I've got the basic workflow and tools down, but wondering if the video series offers more depth. Has anyone here purchased/viewed the videos, and do you consider worthwhile?  Do they offer any greater detail of information than what's offered by Capture One themselves?
Mike Guilbault

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Lula Capture One Pro videos?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 06:54:07 am »

Mike, we have sold a lot of these V7 videos and there are a lot of hidden tips and such in each video. The update video goes into the new C1 8 features as well some power tips that most people aren't aware.  I thought I was an expert in C1 and I learned a lot each time we made the videos.  I am pretty sure you'll find them worthwhile.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Jeff Griffin

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 07:39:12 am »

" Has anyone here purchased/viewed the videos, and do you consider worthwhile? "

Yes to both questions.

But if you previously, like myself, are used to Michael, Jeff & Eric with the Lightroom videos the style of presentation and level of detail is quite different.

If you have time it may also be worth signing up and attending some Capture One webinars, hosted by David Grover who appeared on & contributed to the Lula Capture One Pro 7 videos.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:41:00 am by Jeff Griffin »

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 02:12:46 pm »

I've watched 99% of David's webinars and videos from the Capture One site, as well as others online. I'm looking for something that goes further in-depth not only on features, but information to understand what's also going on in the background as well.

So Kevin... will there be a new C1 8 'total' video coming out, or will it only be the new features on top of the V7 video?
Mike Guilbault

rollsman44

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 04:30:21 pm »

I am in the same boat. I did see Grover's tutorials and others and still having a problem with Importing and Exporting . Any suggestions is Greatly appreciated.  Also, i tried to use LR 5 and it says it does not recognize the format.( L_000024.mos)  I thought I would use LR 5 in the meantime until I get better at C1 Pro 8 DB.  Thanks

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 05:10:30 pm »

If you've exhausted the free phase one tutorials I think the lula tutorials are a good logical next step.

If after that you're looking for really in depth training I'd selfishly suggested our Capture One Masters Program series:
https://digitaltransitions.com/event/training-events

That series goes very deep into the underpinnings and philopshy of development to help you really understand why things are laid out the way they are, and what's really going on under the hood.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 08:53:59 am »

... will there be a new C1 8 'total' video coming out, or will it only be the new features on top of the V7 video?
No, the videos will remain Guide to Capture One Pro which contains a complete set of videos on all features and the new Guide to Capture One 8 (Update)
Pages: [1]   Go Up