Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Phase One XF users...  (Read 2073 times)

synn

• My fine art portfolio
Hey Phase One XF users...
« on: September 11, 2015, 02:00:52 am »

Can any of you please post an image of the electronic contact points in the body where the viewfinders slot in? I am just wondering if it is capable of supporting an EVF when CMOS backs become the norm...
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

sgilbert

yashima

Re: Hey Phase One XF users...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 10:43:00 am »

have one for you

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 03:39:15 am »

Thank you, Steve and Yashima. I am no expert, but that looks like an awful lot of connectors just for metering and the display.
It seems to me that an EVF is definitely something that might come out of Phase at some point. Definitely a welcome addition to the system, especially when high MP, Full frame CMOS chips arrive.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 05:04:50 am »

Thank you, Steve and Yashima. I am no expert, but that looks like an awful lot of connectors just for metering and the display.
It seems to me that an EVF is definitely something that might come out of Phase at some point. Definitely a welcome addition to the system, especially when high MP, Full frame CMOS chips arrive.

It mostly depends on their new bus implementation and if it has enough bandwidth for high resolution, high frames per second image streaming more than the number of contacts. That being said, that's an awful lot of contacts alright, so unless they have some kind of limitation somewhere else (like main controller chip or supporting hardware) I don't see why not and that will be an amazing addition!
Instagram (updated often)
Pages: [1]   Go Up