Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's going on with my previews?  (Read 5754 times)

James Orr

What's going on with my previews?
« on: September 10, 2015, 06:01:05 pm »

Hi everyone.  I got a new MacBook Pro with retina a few weeks ago, so I've been moving my catalogues and images over from the old one, maintaining the same file structure.  None of the images are missing, but the previews are teeny tiny!

This image is a few thousand px wide, but the preview might be 500px wide.  It used to fit the window.  Clicking "Fitt," "Fill," etc. in the navigator doesn't make the previews any larger, but sometimes it shrinks them. 

I'm sure it's some simple setting, but I can't find it.  Help!  ???

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
Re: What's going on with my previews?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 07:39:06 pm »

Could it be the resolution of the retina display is so much higher than your old laptop that the old previews just appear smaller?
Gerald J Skrocki

francois

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 03:36:48 am »

Did you try to rebuild your previews? What is your standard preview size (in catalog prefs)?
Francois

James Orr

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 01:51:26 pm »

Thanks for helping, guys.  I didn't realize there was a LR specific sub-forum here.  Please accept my apologies. 

The only image preview setting I see is under the File Handling > Import DNG creation.  This seems DNG specific.

I haven't tried to rebuild previews.  I'll search for info on that.

I took a picture of a letter pressed card I sent a friend the other day.  This preview is nice and full-size relative to the screen space.  It doesn't make sense to me. 

James Orr

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 02:03:39 pm »

Could it be the resolution of the retina display is so much higher than your old laptop that the old previews just appear smaller?

I thought it might be, but the image I posted in my initial post takes up my full screen when I open it outside of LR. 

Lustrous

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 04:51:35 am »

Have a look in the Catalog Settings where you can set the pixel size for Standard Previews, then rebuild.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 06:17:02 am »

I got a new MacBook Pro with retina a few weeks ago, so I've been moving my catalogues and images over from the old one, maintaining the same file structure.
The first question would be - Why didn't you just migrate the old one to the new one and then everything would have been the same?

Anyway, probably just a preference.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up