Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 printer drivers for Canon ipf8400  (Read 1088 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Windows 10 printer drivers for Canon ipf8400
« on: September 10, 2015, 05:03:59 pm »

A couple weeks ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 OS. When I opened LR and PS CC, everything looked as it should on my monitor. However, today, when I went to print a test image, I am getting streaky areas with various colors and I am about a stop or so too dark. Mind you, everything was copacetic with the same software and Win8.1-64. I checked for driver info on the Canon site and apparently the same drivers for 8.1 work with version 10 (ie, no updates). Anyone experiencing similar phenomena? Do I have to retrace my steps and empirically work out the right settings? Also, in the Print module for LR, I only have a choice for printer managed color although under printer setup I have "No Color Management" set. I have not tried printing directly from PS, but thought I'd throw this out there in case anybody has a bright idea. I searched the forum for Windows 10 and Windows 10 printer drivers, but found nothing, but I might have missed a pertinent previous thread.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Windows 10 printer drivers for Canon ipf8400
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 02:16:10 pm »

So, I figured it out although I still feel sort of stupid. With the Win10 update, my paper profiles were lost under the Color Management section and set to Managed by Printer :-[ I had assumed they'd remain untouched. My bad. Back to normal now. I will lock this thread just in case someone else follows in my boneheaded footsteps!
Pages: [1]   Go Up