Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crossing  (Read 442 times)

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Crossing
« on: September 08, 2015, 01:20:08 pm »

I shot a big bike race over the weekend. It's a fun loving group and we had a beautiful day that started a little misty.
It's a 135 Mile loop with over 9000 Ft. of climbing through the West Elk mountains of Western Colorado.
This bridge is where Hwy. 50 crosses Blue Mesa Reservoir and they hit it early in the day at about 25 Miles.

I'm still going through the 1100 photos I took, it's looking like just under half will be keepers to sell to racers. This was a quick edit for the race director to use.
Pentax K-5 & DA* 60-250 Processed in Lightroom and Nik Color Efex Pro
IMGP5918-Edit by Matt Burt, on Flickr
-MattB

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Crossing
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 01:57:37 pm »

Lovely tonality. I assume you have the one with bikers filling the bridge as well?

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Crossing
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 02:34:10 pm »

Thanks. This group wasn't big enough to fill the whole bridge so I don't.
I tried to find places to stop and shoot that gave me a long shot and then a closer wide shot and I only had a minute at most between them. There might have been another pack to shoot spanning the whole bridge but by then I was shooting these guys up close and wide.

This kind of photography challenges me. I like to shoot slowly if I can so I feel pretty rushed the whole day. I blow a lot of shots too which is frustrating but then later I usually have enough that are good enough. Definitely a lot of compromises made in a day of this kind of subject!

Here's another of the same group farther across the bridge but no full span of riders unfortunately.
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up