Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound Sunset  (Read 1346 times)

kkerrick

• My Flickr Page
Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound Sunset
« on: September 05, 2015, 09:52:21 am »

Hi guys, this is my second post here on this site. Here is a photo I took while at Lincoln Park in West Seattle while on vacation. It's a multi-stitch panoramic with my X100s. The colors kept changing and this was the moment I thought this was it. I couldn't believe the colors when looking on the back of my cameras. I'm just glad I was there to see this. Anyway, work is something I always have to contend with, but I am getting back into photography, plan on getting better, and finding an online community to share.

Here is a link to the photo: https://flic.kr/p/xVsdQk

Kevin

Kevin

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound Sunset
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 11:30:20 am »

Lovely photo, and brings back memories of my trip to that area many years ago. I will say that the colors are a wee bit overdone for my tastes, but then again you were there and I was not.

I have found the LuLa forums to be invaluable in my development as a photographer. There are a few know-it-all pissants here, as on any forum, but for the most part folks are helpful and convivial.

DwayneOakes

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 07:38:39 pm »

Nice pastel colors.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 03:33:44 pm »

I like the contrasting sky colours.

kkerrick

• My Flickr Page
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 09:15:49 pm »

Thank you. I find color extremely hard to learn and master. First is the issue of color management, but more cumbersome is aesthetic of it and developing a good 'taste.'

Anyway, I went back to take a look at what I did regarding color. Here is what I did: I was moved the color temp down about 1000k. I found my auto white balance to produce a tone too warm. Then I applied lens correction, stitched, and finally a slight tone map to the mid-tones. Still, the final panoramic looks almost identical in color and tone to the original raw file.
Kevin

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 06:10:45 am »

Nice sky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up