Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library and Develop Modules in LR CC 2015 out of Sync?  (Read 724 times)

pflower

Library and Develop Modules in LR CC 2015 out of Sync?
« on: September 02, 2015, 05:40:36 pm »

I have encountered a strange problem with LR CC 2015.  If you re-edit a photo already imported into Lightroom with an external editor (not using it from the Photo/Edit In.. dialog) then with LR 5.7 any changes made to that photo would be shown in both the Library and Develop Modules.  In LR CC 2015 overwriting a photo already imported into LR results in the Library Module revisiting the file and showing the changes but the Develop module does not.

Using Sigma DPxMs my usual workflow is to batch process all photos to 16 bit Tiffs in SPP and then import into LR.  This takes a while but is better than dealing with each individual photo.  I can then delete from LR those I don't want to keep.  Some can be adjusted in LR but for others I need to go back to SPP and rework the Raw file and re-save as a Tiff.  This overwrites the file already imported into LR.  With LR 5.7 zooming into the new version forces LR to re-load it and the changes are visible both in the Library Module and in the Develop module.  With LR CC I have found that the Library module recreates its preview to reflect the changes, but the Develop module is somehow stuck with the original file. 

Sometimes the default, batched Tiff fresh out of SPP has blown highlights.  So I go back to SPP and tweak the exposure and fill light settings to bring the highlights under control.  I then save the file as a new Tiff which overwrites the original file.  Going back to the (new) file in the LR catalog the Library module reflects the changes but the Develop module is still showing the original version which is no longer the version saved on the hard disk.

Clearly the Develop module is somehow using the settings it found when the old file was originally imported but is not reading the new, overwritten file.  This is not what happened in any previous version of LR.  Is there a way to force the Develop Module to re-visit the file and so show the changes.

Any thoughts
Pages: [1]   Go Up