Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe warning messages.  (Read 3020 times)

sposch

Adobe warning messages.
« on: March 13, 2006, 04:27:09 pm »

I don't keep my Photo editing PC connected to the internet. Every time I open Bridge I get :
"There was a problem with your internet connection. Please check that you are connected and try again."
I'm using CS2 and can't find any option in Preferences to disable the internet connection search. How do I stop this message from appearing?

Also I've loaded the latest version of the Camere RAW plugin in the file types folder of both CS2 and Bridge but everytime I open a RAW image (.CRW2 from a D5) I get a message saying the Beta version has expired but I can continue to use it indefinitley.

Thanks for any help. Steve.

jani

• Øyet
Adobe warning messages.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 10:38:17 am »

I believe that every time you open Bridge, some Adobe component tries to fetch updates from the Internet.

Try finding preferences controlling automatic updates.
Jan

61Dynamic

• http://
Adobe warning messages.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 11:50:44 am »

sposch

Adobe warning messages.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 09:13:16 pm »

Thanks for the help. I was able to solve both issues.

For the internet connection Sript Warning, I removed the OLS (On Line Services) sript from the startup script folder in Bridge.

For the Camera RAW issue I did a file search for "Camera RAW.8bi" and found I had updated only 2 of the 3 locations it was found. I updated the 3rd file and all is well.
I'm not sure if it is required in all 3 folders, I may have dropped the update in the wrong folder originally but it's working fine now.  

Steve.

61Dynamic

• http://
Adobe warning messages.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 09:21:58 pm »

You only need it in the one folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up