Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Luminous Landscape Non-Commercial?  (Read 26890 times)

popnfresh

Luminous Landscape Non-Commercial?
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2007, 04:07:43 pm »

Here's the thing. I don't care whether or not LL is engaged in commerce. Commercial means you're conducting commerce, which is what businesses do. I have no problem with that at all. I hope Michael makes enough money from his LL business to buy a small island in the Caribbean!

I think what he really meant when he used the phrase "completely non-commercial" was that LL doesn't sell advertising space to other companies, which is very true. But saying that LL is "completely non-commercial" is the same as saying that LL isn't a business, which is not true.

I don't think Micheal chose that phrase because he's lying, I just think he committed an honest linguistic error that, unfortunately, completely changed the meaning of what he intended to say. And I simply think he should change the wording to convey the meaning he originally intended. That's all.

michael

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2007, 04:20:54 pm »

I'm about to leave on my Brazil trip.

But please, please – give it a %&$#%@ rest. This has become so tedious. Don't any of you have anything better to discuss?    

Michael

Ps: To hopefully bring this to a close, and to satisfy the nit pickers, I have now changed the wording on the home page. You can now all rest comfortably in your beds tonight knowing that no one is being mislead any longer, and that all is right with the world. Groan.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 04:25:30 pm by michael »

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2007, 04:33:31 pm »

Michael - have fun and be safe.  Other than that I'm tunning this entire post out.

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2007, 06:24:34 pm »

Michael is verying giving of his experiences and time. For me, his site is a continual source of information and inspiration.

I'm a charter subscriber to the the Luminous-Landscape Video Journal and if he makes money on it, GREAT! He deserves to. After all, it's not cheap supporting a web site and providing timely and relevant content for the world to enjoy.

With all of the good stuff he produces, everyone who visits his forums should subscribe to the VJ to support his efforts and keep the good stuff coming.

Michael, keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Bud James
North Wales, PA
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 06:26:58 pm by budjames »
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

popnfresh

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2007, 01:51:06 pm »

Without a doubt, there is no more valuable resource on the web for the serious landscape photographer than Luminous Landscape.

What makes it all the more wonderful is that Michael himself is such an amazing artist, never mind his vast technical knowledge and years of practical experience. This makes Michael uniquely adept at demonstrating how a thorough grasp of the nuts and bolts of the craft serves the final result. Technique is great and so is artistry, but Michael proves that the combination of the two is unbeatable.

There's simply nothing else like Luminous Landscape.

jorgedelfino

• http://www.jorgedelfino.com
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2007, 02:16:34 pm »

"This site has been a valuable resource for years, and the information is provided for free, and without annoying CMs poping around all the time. I don't really see how you can complain as a visitor. How does the money Michael makes on this affect you?"

I agree 100%!

Rob C

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2007, 07:26:40 am »

"This site has been a valuable resource for years, and the information is provided for free, and without annoying CMs poping around all the time. I don't really see how you can complain as a visitor. How does the money Michael makes on this affect you?"

I agree 100%!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112377\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Madre de Dios! Even Michael is fed up to the back teeth with this thread; yes, we all love him and we get a great freebie out of the Lu-La. Can we relax now?

Rob C

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2007, 12:24:09 pm »

Would someone please close this thread?

Monito

• MonitoPhoto
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2007, 03:01:58 pm »

Just write "This site is entirely self-supporting" and thereby avoid the use of the word "commercial" and be done with it.  I appreciate that the site is self-supporting and I say "More power to Michael".

Rob C

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2007, 07:51:13 am »

Would someone please close this thread?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112513\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Okay - always willing to help: Click, lights out.

Rob C

gr82bart

• http://www.artliem.com
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2007, 11:06:43 am »

I think Luminous Landscape is an indispensible (sic) resource for serious fine art photographers.

Regards, Art.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 11:18:11 am by gr82bart »
Visit my website at [url=http://www.gr82
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up