Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C0 8 and Yosemite  (Read 3453 times)

The View

C0 8 and Yosemite
« on: August 30, 2015, 04:47:17 pm »

I'm still on Mavericks - can I safely upgrade to Yosemite, or would it be better to wait?

PS: There is no urgent pressure for me to upgrade. So, waiting wouldn't be a problem.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

tcphoto1

• http://www.tonyclarkphoto.com
Re: C0 8 and Yosemite
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:43:27 pm »

I have had no issues running C18 on Yosemite.

ario

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 11:19:44 pm »

Based on my personal experience you can upgrade safely.

The View

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 01:37:59 pm »

Thanks! I'll prepare the upgrade!
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 11:36:47 pm »

And just in time for El Capitan  ;)

Lundberg02

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 02:04:39 am »

I gave up on CapOne at 7 because I hate forced cataloging but my experience with Yosemite has really made me as mad as the upgrade that changed the scrollbars. Yosemite broke the App Store, Kindle, and Thunderbird, made unnecessary GUI changes to Safari, and slowed the Finder. Downloads seem slower, everything loads like a snail. Not happy. I managed to get the apps working, but I had to redownload 400 books, the App Store is extremely slow on updates, and the Finder is doing little weird things.
I downloaded a video/image app that was 84mB and it took ten minutes. That is ridiculous. I have 25 mbps service.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 03:25:37 am »

I gave up on CapOne at 7 because I hate forced cataloging but my experience with Yosemite has really made me as mad as the upgrade that changed the scrollbars. Yosemite broke the App Store, Kindle, and Thunderbird, made unnecessary GUI changes to Safari, and slowed the Finder. Downloads seem slower, everything loads like a snail. Not happy. I managed to get the apps working, but I had to redownload 400 books, the App Store is extremely slow on updates, and the Finder is doing little weird things.
I downloaded a video/image app that was 84mB and it took ten minutes. That is ridiculous. I have 25 mbps service.

There is no forced Cataloging in Capture One 7 or 8 for that matter.

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: [1]   Go Up