Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9600 magenta  (Read 1917 times)

Eknapp

Epson 9600 magenta
« on: August 30, 2015, 09:05:33 am »

Epson 9600 users! I humbly seek your guidance and wisdom. My Epson 9600 won't print magenta. I've run cleanings, power cleanings, paper towels soaked in Windex, etc. No luck. So I resorted to taking the thing apart. I dissembled the dampers and found that they all looked functional except for the magenta damper. The ink inside was black and the port that connects to the print head was free of ink. Any useful insights would be met with sincere gratitude.   

huguito

Re: Epson 9600 magenta
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 05:12:33 pm »

Before taking it apart did you tried a new cartridge?

Eknapp

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 05:56:07 pm »

Thank you or your reply! I did replace the cartridge. Seems like ink is making it to the damper. My concern was that the black ink indicted that whatever ink was making it to the damper was staying in there and not being expressed through the print head for some reason.

Jim Metzger

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 08:22:50 pm »

I would contact American Inkjet Systems, not sure I can link to them directly. They were to only one to help me with my 7600 with replacement parts and great advice. They have cleaning fluid that really works if it is a clog. All bets are off if there is real damage to the internals.

They strongly recommend NOT using Windex with ammonia for cleaning. It dries too fast and can make the problem worse.

Good luck. I love having a 14 year old printer that keeps on going and not one client has "complained" about a lack of gamut in my prints.

Jim

BrianWJH

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 05:10:05 am »

My concern was that the black ink indicted that whatever ink was making it to the damper was staying in there and not being expressed through the print head for some reason.

It may be that the damper is blocked in which case they are easily replaced on a 9600, I would also check the ink lines to make sure that there is no clumping of pigment.

If the ink lines do have clumping you would need to flush the affected ink lines before priming new ink into the replaced damper(s) and printhead.

Check this link for a recent thread on ink sedimentation and photos of a clogged magenta ink damper.

Brian.

Eknapp

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 03:06:49 pm »

Thank you very much for your insight, Jim. I'll give American Inkjet Systems a shot.

Eknapp

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 03:07:48 pm »

Thank you, Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up