Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome back Rob C  (Read 8173 times)

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
Re: Welcome back Rob C
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 07:08:46 am »

Hey, hombre!

I was just thinking about you the other day because of the Samsung tv!

Telefonica is doing some renovations around here with cable etc. and sent a movil message telling me to keep the router switched on all the time so that these can all go ahead. That was weeks and weeks ago, and worried about overheating (not to mention electricity bills) I switched off. They must be spying on me: within a few days I got another message telling me to stay switched on.

I have no intention of paying more for cable  - it already costs enough with the ordinary Fusion TV deal! I also suspect that once cable is everywhere, they will decide to switch all of the rest of us onto it just to simplify life for themselves, at no extra subscription cost... I hope.

Thank you for the welcome!

Rob

Movistar has a great interest in moving everyone from ADSL to cable, so they have decided to keep the same prices, even if cable is at least ten times faster than ADSL. However, once they install cable, they also remove the old telephone wire, and you have to keep your router switched on all day... unless you can live without a phone).

Feel free to PM if you need any hep.

P.S. I haven't been back on the ferry and facing that roundabout again - unfortunately.

;)

Rob C

Re: Welcome back Rob C
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 05:15:51 am »

Movistar has a great interest in moving everyone from ADSL to cable, so they have decided to keep the same prices, even if cable is at least ten times faster than ADSL. However, once they install cable, they also remove the old telephone wire, and you have to keep your router switched on all day... unless you can live without a phone).

Feel free to PM if you need any hep.

;)

Hi!

Just realised: instead of keeping just the router switched on, I also thought that I had to keep the additional set-top box (decoder?) on too. That's not part of the router, so I suppose I can switch that off right now and only turn it on when I watch relevant programmes.

Let's see if I get another Telefonica text for this posible offence...

Anyway, I will stay unsubscribed to the cable thing they offer, and wait to see where that leaves me when the telephone line is removed. I'm sure they won't want to lose what they already get from me and so many others.

Ciao,

Rob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up