Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgraded to yosemite z3100 stops printing  (Read 1168 times)

shaun

upgraded to yosemite z3100 stops printing
« on: August 27, 2015, 03:49:07 pm »

Hi

Just upgraded Mac to Yosemite and downloaded latest driver. I'm printing on A3 sheet and it stops printing at end with 1 min to go approx or else cuts of last inch or so.  Done an uninstall and re-install. Any ideas?

Shaun
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:19:31 pm by shaun »

felix5616

Re: upgraded to yosemite z3100 stops printing
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 07:37:28 am »

I had that happen to me, it was not the operating system it was a sensor on the printer. you need to call HP.  They had to replace a sensor on the printer. I was on the phone with them doing diagnostics so that they could determine the problem and came to my home with the correct part for the repair.

shaun

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 06:27:15 am »

Hi Felix

Thanks for that. It's just that it worked perfectly before the yosemite upgrade. Do you have any part number that I could check out to see if it's do-able myself as I live in a rural area.

Thanks
Shaun
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:00:58 am by shaun »

howardm

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 07:39:50 am »

Shaun,  before you did the Yosemite upgrade, did you make a full system backup (ala Carbon Cloner or SuperDuper)?  If so, it might be worth restoring it or if you can get your hands on another Mac wo Yosemite and load the driver.

Seems waaaay too 'coincidental' for it to be the sensor.

You may also want to try reloading the driver from scratch (ie. remove the /Library/Printers/HP folder, reboot, reload)

shaun

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 06:11:04 am »

hi Howard

I reloaded from scratch as you suggested.
Didn't use carbon cloner but I did do a time capsule and can revert to that if necessary. I purchased a copy of exposure 7 which wouldn't work with snow leopard hence the end to upgrade.

Thanks
Shaun
Pages: [1]   Go Up