Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help how focus using crosshair screen on hasselblad  (Read 2347 times)

bambanx

Help how focus using crosshair screen on hasselblad
« on: August 26, 2015, 09:38:45 pm »

Hello guys, first of all sorry for my bad english,  i just received my hasselblad 503 cx beautiful camera, i used before a fuji gx680 with split focusing screen so when the thing is on focus the splited image its merged, my hassy come with acute matte focusing screen looks like this image:

http://fotonode.com/db_photo/sites/default/files/Focusing_Screen_Hasselblad_Acute-Matte_D_500_camera_42204_01.jpg

Its very bright, tried to find information about how focus with it, but cannot find or i dont understand how it works, today i was trying to figure out how it works focusing things putting a line of the cross of a subject i want to focus but i cannot see any help of this cross, if i move the focus on the lens the cross does not move and looks similar, so what's is the indicator when my subject is on focus? i readed in a few parts i should move my head side by side but i cannot understand, if anyone with patience can help would be awesome, thanks you very much.

PD: for now i dont wanna change the screen , i just wanna learn how this type of screen works

jng

Re: Help how focus using crosshair screen on hasselblad
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 01:12:36 am »

Each line of the cross hairs on the screen is actually two parallel lines, like this: ll  The trick is to focus your eye on the screen so that the two lines of the cross hairs are sharp, and then adjust the lens while keeping the cross hairs sharp. Your image will be in focus when both the image and the cross hairs are sharp. Of course, all this assumes that the screen and mirror are properly aligned, but I suggest that you start here and see how things work. I hope this helps.

These old Hasselblads can help you make wonderful images if you have the patience to learn their character. Enjoy!

- John
Pages: [1]   Go Up