Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We are sailing  (Read 743 times)

stamper

We are sailing
« on: August 26, 2015, 08:37:00 am »

I'm very attracted to this image, however I can't make up my mind as to cropping the right hand side to take out the light and the frame. The image hasn't been cropped on the right so it is as seen. A stormy day and a few libations meant it wasn't framed wider. TIA. :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:38:32 am by stamper »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: We are sailing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 04:32:55 pm »

I'm very attracted to this image, however I can't make up my mind as to cropping the right hand side to take out the light and the frame. The image hasn't been cropped on the right so it is as seen. A stormy day and a few libations meant it wasn't framed wider. TIA. :)

I like it less without the light.

Jeremy

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 04:49:08 pm »

Maybe it's just me but there doesn't seem to be a cohesive composition and for my taste not enough light in the people. Dare I ask if there are a few halos? The B&W tones are lovely.

Mike

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 05:01:39 pm »

It's not just you, Mike. Stamper's a much, much better photographer than this. It's basically a tourist shot -- the kind of thing you might snap on a ferry to remind you of your vacation. But I suspect Stamper knows a lot more about this picture than the picture tells us, and that probably gave it more meaning in his own mind than we can get from the picture. I understand. I do it often enough to recognize the symptoms.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 10:43:40 pm »

The illustrator in me says just clone it out,

Cheers,
Tom Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up