Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High resolution (PPI) printer  (Read 748 times)

MartinAs

High resolution (PPI) printer
« on: August 24, 2015, 03:18:54 pm »

Hello!

I am planning to produce some quality lenticular prints with high frame rate and am looking for a high reolution (PPI) printer for this purpose. There will be a sheet made of tiny lenses on top of my printout which separates the image into very thin lines, so that's where the need for extra precision comes in. In this case, a high DPI is a must, but that does not translate directly into PPI and being able to print more lines on the same amount of space.

By far the most common choice in the field seems to be Epson printers (720 PPI).

I was wondering if there are any other printers available with even a higher PPI?

Thanks,
Martin

srialto

Re: High resolution (PPI) printer
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 07:35:46 am »

Hi Martin,
What are you not able to do with an Epson concerning lenticular? The reason to use an printer with resolutions greater than the 1440 dpi that Epsons print heads can effectively print would be to go into higher LPI materials, things over 60 LPI. Maybe that is what you are after. These would typically be business card or other small size prints. Otherwise 1440 makes really nice lenticular prints on a range of lenticular sheet material.
Pages: [1]   Go Up