Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voigtlander 20mm f3.5 SL-II Lens  (Read 2160 times)

roughcollie

Voigtlander 20mm f3.5 SL-II Lens
« on: August 23, 2015, 01:57:07 pm »

I have a Nikon FM3A and have been looking for a 20mm  lens  for Landscapes has anybody had experience of the Voigtlander 20mm f3.5 SL-II Aspherical Color-Skopar lens,is it any better then the Nikon 20mm f3.5 ? I have a Voigtlander 40mm f2 SL Ultron and thats really sharp.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

pluton

Re: Voigtlander 20mm f3.5 SL-II Lens
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:16:58 am »

I have seen rational individuals on the photo-interweb state that the 20 Skopar isn't as optically nice* as the 40, and that the 20 Skopar and the 20/3.5 Ais Nikkor are somewhat comparable.  That Nikkor is famous for being sharp close up, but less so at infinity.
*Sharp, not blurry, from center to edge at the wider stops.

cengell

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 04:07:33 pm »

I agree, I just received the Voigtlander 20mm f3.5 SL-II Lens and will return it, the Zeiss 12 on my Sony A7rII and took a few shots to compare and the Zeiss 12 was much sharper in the edges and I was a bit disappointed in the Voigtlander 20mm f3.5 SL-II Lens.

So back it goes.

Christopher

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 01:52:39 pm »

Hi Cengell,
at which f-stops did you try the Voigtländer? Is it really that bad if stopped down to f/8? I consider buying it before it goes out of production (which is already announced, but it may still be delivered). The weight is very attractive. And the photozone verdict is not that bad."However, the lens manages to produce decent results between f/5.6 and f/11 with a good sharpness distribution across the frame. The amount of distortions is moderate and lateral CAs are quite well controlled."
Good light - Hening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up