Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THe new Sony and Nikon lenses  (Read 1217 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
THe new Sony and Nikon lenses
« on: August 23, 2015, 10:01:58 am »

I must say that the Sony A7Rii is the first camera in a long while that has my fingers inching toward my credit card. Still, I have a sizable investment in Nikon lenses. In his review of the camera, Michael vaguely mentions that an adapter to use Nikon lenses on the Sony body is in the works. Is there any new information on this?

Buying a new body is one thing, but if I would need to buy a new stable of lenses as well it would be quite something else.

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
Re: THe new Sony and Nikon lenses
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 10:15:18 am »

I wonder if it is only a matter of time before Nikon offers a full frame mirror less camera?  But then again with the announcement of the new 24-70 VR, I don't know if size and weight will be priority.  I personally would have liked to see a lighter 24-70 f4 lens - not that I would be able to afford right now. 

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: THe new Sony and Nikon lenses
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 12:11:35 pm »

I must say that the Sony A7Rii is the first camera in a long while that has my fingers inching toward my credit card. Still, I have a sizable investment in Nikon lenses. In his review of the camera, Michael vaguely mentions that an adapter to use Nikon lenses on the Sony body is in the works. Is there any new information on this?

Buying a new body is one thing, but if I would need to buy a new stable of lenses as well it would be quite something else.

Metabones has an adapter now, however it requires the lens to be manually focused.  With the EVF on the Sony and their well designed focus peaking, the metabones may be a good place to start.  From what I have read so far the Canon AF on the Metabones is slow, but accurate.  The new Nikon adapter is not from Metabones, but another Chinese company.  However with China's economy on a downward spiral it may take longer to see this adapter.   There has been quite a bit written about the "new" adapter over on nikonrumors.com

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up