Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PrintFab and CMYK  (Read 2497 times)

r010159

PrintFab and CMYK
« on: August 23, 2015, 02:35:25 am »

Has anyone successfully printed images with PrintFab using CMYK profiles? I imagine what comes with PrintFab will work. But when I make my own custom CMYK profiles, the rendition of the photo is terrible. But when using the PrintFab setup, I have Photoshop perform the color management, the print comes out very good. Also, when I use RGB profiles, PrintFab works just fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? What was your solution? I am using Copra to generate the profile, ColorAnt and ColorThink to analyze the measurement data and the actual profile, respectively. My brief analysts indicates that the CMYK profile is well made. So I do not think it is a problem with the profile. I also have used PrintFab per ZEDOnet's documentation to print out the targets.

Bob

r010159

Re: PrintFab and CMYK
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 08:09:17 pm »

I want to add to my previous post. I am finding that when I create a CMYK profile to use with PrintFab, the prints turn out with a subtle hue of green. I have confirmed this by comparing the original target with the one printed with the profile. Now, RGB profiles for PrintFab appears to not have this problem, where the shift to green is barely discernible upon very close examination.

Has anyone experienced this with PrintFab? Perhaps I need ACPU to print the targets rather than,utilizing the unconventional procedure that was recommended to me by the PrintFab developer? This is to use the "null" color setup technique which they tell me would disable color management within Photoshop., at least for PrintFab purposes.

Bob Graham

b2martin

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 07:51:52 am »

You may want to look at the following discussion on PrintFab.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3629284

I tried to use PrintFab (Windows version) with an Epson 3880 to develop printer profiles using a ColorMunki Photo and the ColorMunki considers PrintFab with the 3880 is a CMYK printer.  You can't force the ColorMunki to generate RGB profiles for the PrintFab/3880, but it will with the Epson driver. It appears that the Mac version of PrintFab with the 3880 appears as a RGB printer to the ColorMunki Photo.  I have printed acceptable RGB images with PrintFab (Windows) using the CMYK profile generated with the ColorMunki Photo. 

Ferp

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 09:04:00 am »

FWIW, no problems here churning out RGB profiles for Printfab using an i1 Photo.  I don't understand why the Munki is creating only CMYK profiles.  You'd think that RGB would possible.  However I've never used a Munki,

None of this is relevant to the OP who actually wants a working CMYK profile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up