Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum moderation & locked threads  (Read 15284 times)

Isaac

Re: Forum moderation & locked threads
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2015, 11:50:39 am »

It is only once every week or so. But sufficient to try my patience (and clearly that of others).

Given that it's the same handful of people each time, a 3 week exclusion would probably mean that you wouldn't need to waste your time on this nonsense during that exclusion period.

Given that same handful of people so obviously want to keep the privilege of posting to LuLa whenever they like, you probably wouldn't need to waste your time on this nonsense for another couple of weeks after the exclusion period.

Once every couple of months? Well, you can dream.

Isaac

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2015, 12:10:46 pm »

If you do not like what you see, move on, scroll down, put on ignore list, but for god's sake stop shoving down everyone else's throat your own sense of morality or hiding behind political correctness.

You are shoving down everyone else's throat your own sense of morality and hiding behind the political correctness of absolute free speech.

You don't care that other people's liberties are curtailed because of the disruption that you create, but you are outraged at the suggestion that your liberties might be curtailed.

Kindergarten.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2015, 12:15:11 pm »

This is why we can't have nice forums.   :-\

Nice forums???

Forums can be simultaneously all of the following: noisy, obstreperous, fractious, given to grand-standing and yet with extremely useful, productive and collegial moments. Each of which we see in moments above...

Nice - not so much.

All I seek is a method of retaining reasonably high signal to noise.

My conclusion at this point is to leave well enough alone. The Terms of Service/User Agreement spells out plainly the rules of behaviour. I will lock and ban as before. I think this topic now rests.

Chris
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up