Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Off-the-shoulder bag for Hasselblad H camera?  (Read 924 times)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Off-the-shoulder bag for Hasselblad H camera?
« on: August 20, 2015, 06:43:19 am »

Does anyone have recommendations for an off-the-shoulder bag (not a backpack) to carry an Hx camera and one or two lenses?

Many use a hard camera case to move their H outfit in but what would you use to casually carry an Hx camera fitted with, say, a 50mm lens?

What if you wanted to keep the vertical finder on the body, instead of the prism?
Roger
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:57:47 pm by rogerxnz »
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

Tony Ventouris Photography

• http://TonyVentourisPhotography.com
Re: Off-the-shoulder bag for Hasselblad H camera?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 07:25:33 pm »

Think tank photo urban disguise series.  The larger ones like the 50 or 60.  Those should work well if you need to take extra lenses.  I've gotten away carrying mine with just a single lens on in smaller think tank bags.

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Re: Off-the-shoulder bag for Hasselblad H camera?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 06:23:44 am »

Thank you, Tony
I saw the Think Tank urban disguise range. There was a 35 model which would have carried the camera with a 150 lens and hood all fitted but the bag seemed flimsy and the internal dividers incredibly so. I wanted a vertically orientated bag to hold the camera with a lens and hood all fitted and ready to use.

I also did not like its high price and that the camera opening is a single track zip.

I bought a Tamrac Velocity 8z sling bag which can be both a shoulder bag and a back pack. The "z" versions are slightly squarer at the base compared to the previous models and it can take my 11" MacBook Air and some papers. It has much better padding than the Think Tank option and I can whip out my camera quickly.

It's a bit tight with the 150 and hood fitted on the camera and the laptop but you can't have everything.
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: [1]   Go Up