Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote release for Nikon D610. Recommendations?  (Read 1598 times)

Codger

Remote release for Nikon D610. Recommendations?
« on: August 19, 2015, 06:48:18 pm »

There are several companies (including Nikon) making and selling remote releases for my camera.  In your experience, which one/s actually work well and seem to be a good value?  What advice would you offer?  Thanks.

NancyP

Re: Remote release for Nikon D610. Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 07:50:33 pm »

By remote release, do you mean radio-operated wireless release, or would wired remote releases be fine? I use Vello (B&H house brand) simple camera-powered wired releases and 2-AAA battery operated intervalometer/releases on tripod - they work fine (I have Canons, but a wire is a wire, these are simple devices, the Nikon specific models ought to be just as reliable). The simple releases are cheap enough that it pays to get two if you have two camera bags or two tripod bags. Nothing can make you cranky faster than realizing that you hauled that tripod miles from the car, and the shutter release is in the OTHER tripod bag.  :(

You could get a wireless intervalometer. You could get a do-everything gadget like the CamRanger.

If you use radiowave remote control on your flashes, many of the receiver units can function as shutter releases, just plug in the cord that comes with the receiver. Keep transmitter in your hand for triggering. Yongnuo 603 II series is an example of a cheap transmitter-receiver pair with shutter release function available via supplied wire. Check your manual if you happen to have and use transmitter/receiver units to control your off-camera flash.

Dave Ellis

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 05:00:39 am »

There are several companies (including Nikon) making and selling remote releases for my camera.  In your experience, which one/s actually work well and seem to be a good value?  What advice would you offer?  Thanks.

I guess it depends what you want from it. If you just want a simple shutter release, then the ML-L3 should do the job. That is what I use on my D610 and it uses infra-red transmission to talk to the front or rear IR sensors in the camera. I've had no experience with other types of remote.

Dave

jduncan

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 11:36:50 am »

I guess it depends what you want from it. If you just want a simple shutter release, then the ML-L3 should do the job. That is what I use on my D610 and it uses infra-red transmission to talk to the front or rear IR sensors in the camera. I've had no experience with other types of remote.

Dave

I agree with Dave, plus you can get both the Cable release and the ML-L3 by few dollars.
It's a great combo, and you don't have to cry if you leave it on some remote location.

Best regards,
english is not my first language, an I k
Pages: [1]   Go Up