Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Polaroid CS-4000 scanner problem  (Read 1225 times)

Spinosaurus

Polaroid CS-4000 scanner problem
« on: August 18, 2015, 07:23:01 pm »

It's unlikely anyone can help but this forum has been excellent at getting to problems.  I have an old Polaroid Sprintscan CS-4000 scanner, 35mm, which gave excellent results many years ago.  In trying to resurrect it, I dug out my old G4 Powermac tower with parallel SCSI inputs and tried it out.  When using the 50 pin to 50 pin SCSI cable it doesn't show up on the computer profiler, but when using the 80 pin SCSI output to 50 pin SCSI input (MAC) it shows up fine on the profiler, however the software fails to recognize the scanner is attached.  The scanner came with Polaroid Insight Pro and Silverfast Ai 5.0 and I have purchased Vuescan.  None of these programs seem to recognize the scanner in either OS 10.4 or OS 9.2.  Any thoughts?  It really puzzles me that the Mac profiler shows Polaroid CS-4000 attached to parallel SCSI, but the programs don't recognize that it is there.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Polaroid CS-4000 scanner problem
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 07:31:58 pm »

Old version scanner applications are not compatible with new operating systems.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Spinosaurus

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 01:04:48 am »

I understand that but I am using the same computer it was originally used with and the older software.  It maybe that my scsi software is not working properly but I'm not sure it can be changed.  Like I said I found it odd that the computer sees the scanner on the system profiler, but the scanner software doesn't see it. 

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 06:30:41 am »

You said you are using OS 10.4 or 9.2 - those are very recent operating systems.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up