Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR6 will not show detail of sub-folders on import  (Read 3149 times)

michaelstokes

LR6 will not show detail of sub-folders on import
« on: August 18, 2015, 04:41:40 pm »

I recently upgraded to version 6 and I am using the standalone version on my laptop.  When I try to import new images into the catalog, LR6 will not show the detail of sub-folders. The structure of my drive is Pictures/Originals/Year/Project.  When I click to show sub-folders and new photos only, it is showing every  image on my hard-drive.  It is basically showing every image in the Originals folder.  Any ideas?

Steve House

Re: LR6 will not show detail of sub-folders on import
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 09:40:07 am »

I recently upgraded to version 6 and I am using the standalone version on my laptop.  When I try to import new images into the catalog, LR6 will not show the detail of sub-folders. The structure of my drive is Pictures/Originals/Year/Project.  When I click to show sub-folders and new photos only, it is showing every  image on my hard-drive.  It is basically showing every image in the Originals folder.  Any ideas?

Library menu, clear the checkbox in the middle of the menu labelled "Show Photos in Subfolders" if it's checked on.

michaelstokes

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 12:22:57 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried toggling this on/off and it does not make any difference.  i should have said that the problem is with my iMac.  The version of LR6 on the Macbook Pro is working ok.  When I select the Import Photo/Videos on the MBP it correctly shows the indented sub-folders as they are on the hard drive.   

bassman51

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 05:15:40 pm »

I'm using an iMac with the latest OSX release and LR CC 2015.

If I select the highest level folder on the drive, and click show subfolders, then LR shows me all image files within that high-level folder with no subfolder structure. Selecting New images only will tell it to not show any images that it can find in the LR catalog.  The term "new" has nothing to do with the date of the image file. 

I also find that occasionally LR can't recognize images from e.g. an SD card that have already been imported into the catalog.   When this happens, I Deselect All and then select the images I want to import.  I'm not sure why this happens. 

Hope this is helpful.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.
Pages: [1]   Go Up