Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gotham City - Hong Kong  (Read 982 times)

shadowblade

Gotham City - Hong Kong
« on: August 18, 2015, 12:17:33 am »

An initial shot from Hong Kong (i.e. the quickest and easiest to process). 4-shot panorama using the A7r and Canon 100L Macro.

At night, in a rainstorm, the city looks very much like something out of Batman.

Also, skyscrapers whose sides aren't completely vertical are almost impossible to align so they both look straight and are straight - all the verticals in the photo are actually vertical, but it's the skyscraper that doesn't have straight sides.

churly

Re: Gotham City - Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 07:02:24 pm »

It may change in the complete pano but for this single frame it might be interesting to crop the sky just above the buildings and a bit off the foreground.  I don't think the sky is really doing much for you here.
Chuck Hurich

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 07:53:21 pm »

Honk Kong has evaded me! Your image is excellent, well done.

Cheers
Tom Brown

shadowblade

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 01:38:15 am »

It may change in the complete pano but for this single frame it might be interesting to crop the sky just above the buildings and a bit off the foreground.  I don't think the sky is really doing much for you here.

I tried doing that, with 6x7, 5x6 and 4x5 aspect ratios, but they seem to put the foreground too close to the bottom edge of the frame and the top of the skyscraper too close to the top. Will post examples once I get home so you can see what I mean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up