Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scotland  (Read 13128 times)

Viv

Scotland
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 04:36:53 pm »

It's been a while since I checked out the forum - and low and behold I miss someone about to visit my country. I hope you had a great trip !!

So, for anyone else who might be visiting:-
I've attached a pic of  Black Rock Cottage - just after Rannoch Moor at the entrance to Glencoe. Rannoch Moor is a very popular place for landscape photographers.

If you are going between Stirling and Edinburgh, then you should stop off in Linlithgow - very easy to pass on the motorway but the ruined palace at the side of a very pretty loch is worth a visit too. There is a path running round the loch - takes about 30-40 minutes at a reasonable pace - so take a camera and make an afternoon of it. If you happen to see a woman with a tripod shooting sunrise or sunset shots - it's probably me - example attached !

If you are driving around then sometimes getting off the main roads and taking slower back roads is better. One of my favourites is the road from Perth to Braemar via the Cairngorm mountains (the A93) , the road from Braemar to Aberdeen on the north side of the river (The upper Deeside Road) is lovely too (better that the lower Deeside Road). I often stop off at Loch Muick for the day - a tiny road leads from Ballater to a the Loch. There is a path for walking right round (about 7 miles). I pack sanwiches and stop at Queen Victoria's Cottage about half way round for lunch ! (None of the Royals use it, it's boarded up which I think is such a shame!!)

If beach scenes are your thing then I love Findhorn just north of Forres off the A96. It's a charming village, look for pebbles, seashells, patterns in the sand, There is also a large colony of seals - but take a hugh lens 'cos they don't hang about if you try approaching!!

If you like visiting gardens - Poolewe on the west coast, Branklin Gardens in Perth, Botanic Gardings in St Andrews and Edinburgh.....they are my favourites.

Anyway enough rambling for now.......for anyone coming to visit - have a great time !!

Cheers
Viv

[attachment=554:attachment]
[attachment=557:attachment]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up