Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: how long?  (Read 26038 times)

Paul Sumi

how long?
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 12:05:59 am »

Mine finally made it to Los Angeles today - 4 weeks.

Paul

Bill in WV

how long?
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 12:03:04 am »

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to report that I emailed Steve Sauve, Customer Relations last week that my LLVJ #14 still hadn't arrived. He answered very quickly that many were having the problem and to hang on another couple of days. I gave him until Tuesday the 21st and emailed back that still no VJ #14. His replay stated he would take care of it today. And I have received notification that my replacement VJ #14 shipped today. I consider that pretty good service and response.

Of course, since last week about three more people have reported that they just received theirs. Both of mine will probably now come on the same day. I'll return the extra.

Really just wanted to thank Steve publically for his help. Thanks Steve.

Bill in WV
Bill Evans
 Currently shooting with Canon

KeithR

how long?
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 06:22:59 pm »

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to report that I emailed Steve Sauve, Customer Relations last week that my LLVJ #14 still hadn't arrived. He answered very quickly that many were having the problem and to hang on another couple of days. I gave him until Tuesday the 21st and emailed back that still no VJ #14. His replay stated he would take care of it today. And I have received notification that my replacement VJ #14 shipped today. I consider that pretty good service and response.

Of course, since last week about three more people have reported that they just received theirs. Both of mine will probably now come on the same day. I'll return the extra.

Really just wanted to thank Steve publically for his help. Thanks Steve.

Bill in WV
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60851\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I, also want to thank Steve for all the effort that he put forth in trying to appease those of use who did not receive our issue. Likewise I e-mailed him, and he replied promptly. Today I got notification that a new issue #14 was on it's way. But guess what showed up in my mail today. I suspect that it was the originally sent issue. But if it was the replacement, I want to nominate Steve to be the next PostMaster General!  
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
how long?
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 09:32:41 pm »

I think it bears repeating that the delays are not in any way the fault of Steve or Chris or Michael or anybody at LL. The delays are clearly a problem with the U.S. Postal "Service" (inappropriate word that), whether or not the Homeland Security spooks are interfering as well.

Someone suggested that U.S. shipments be sent from a U.S. shipper, and I think that would be a good idea. I, for one, would certainly be willing to pay a small premium to help defray the cost of the extra shipping step.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

katemann

how long?
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2006, 08:37:05 am »

I always get my VJ a few days after receiving the email notification. Of course, I live 200 k from Toronto. The problem seems to be confined to the 52 states, and I suspect that the border is the big factor. I frequently send things to friends in the States - it always takes a stupidly long time to get there, whereas, when I am receiving from south of the border it whisks on through.

The problem has to be the border. Unless of course the rest of the mail system in the States in dipped in molasses.

cerebros

how long?
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 09:12:39 am »

Well I'm still waiting for mine here in the UK after receiving shipping notification on 21st feb.  Anyone else this side of the pond got theirs?

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
how long?
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 09:25:03 am »

Someone suggested that U.S. shipments be sent from a U.S. shipper, and I think that would be a good idea. I, for one, would certainly be willing to pay a small premium to help defray the cost of the extra shipping step.

Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60913\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
We are actively looking at the options for shipping LLVJ-15 to US customers from within the USA.

ALL DVDs to all customers should now have been received, if not they are being treated as 'lost' and customers should contact Steven Sauve for a replacement.

Chris S

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
how long?
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 10:02:53 am »

Well I'm still waiting for mine here in the UK after receiving shipping notification on 21st feb.  Anyone else this side of the pond got theirs?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60927\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm in Norway and got mine 4 days after shipment notification. But there was one time when I had to wait a whole week.  
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

jimhuber

• Elegant Earth
how long?
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 10:11:43 am »

It's finally here! It came in the mail last night - March 23rd.

KeithR

how long?
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 02:07:26 pm »

I think it bears repeating that the delays are not in any way the fault of Steve or Chris or Michael or anybody at LL. The delays are clearly a problem with the U.S. Postal "Service" (inappropriate word that), whether or not the Homeland Security spooks are interfering as well.

Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60913\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I understand that the shipments are handled by a firm named Duplium. The return address on the package I recieved when I ordered the back issues wes labled:
Duplium
Phone: 1-800-819-0701
60 Industrial Pkwy
Suite 385
BUFFALO, NY 14227
Looks to me, at least, that this package was mailed within the US

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
how long?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2006, 10:27:36 am »

Looks to me, at least, that this package was mailed within the US
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60950\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No. All LLVJ-14 DVDs were mass mailed from Canada.

USA-bound UPS shipments (like your Back Issue order)  are 'consolidated' for cross-border shipping; UPS returns are similarly consolidated in Buffalo.

As mentioned above, mass mailing from within the USA of LLVJ-15 for US customers is likely

CS
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 10:30:49 am by Chrissand »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
how long?
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2006, 09:40:44 am »

We have now decided that when LLVJ-15 is shipped in June (?), US-bound DVDs will be shipped in bulk across the border and mailed from Dallas, TX. This will likely add a week to the initial shipment date for US customers but _should_ help solve the huge delays experienced by them in receiving mailed DVDs from Canada.

Chris S

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
how long?
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2006, 10:01:49 am »

So you'll have a large supply ahead of time in TX, or do you mean orders that are placed will be shipped in batches and there will be additional ship time per order?

Eric Myrvaagnes

how long?
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2006, 10:47:53 am »

Sounds like a good move for us south-of-the-border folks. It should also give us a better idea of how much of the U.S. delay happens right at the border, and how much is later in the U.S. Postal "Service".

Recently, first-class letters sent from Boston to my son in Brooklyn (only about 200 miles from here) have not arrived in three weeks, while letters to my brother in Manhattan (about five miles from the Brooklyn address) have gotten there in two days.

I'm beginning to think that th USPS now only hires clones of the postal worker "Newman" in the old Seinfeld TV series.    

So let's see how the new system works. And thanks to Chris and Michael for listening and trying to do something about the problem, even though it's clearly not their fault.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

bob mccarthy

• http://
how long?
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2006, 10:57:01 am »

A small question, why not ship the code to Dallas and duplicate there. Duplium has an operation here. As does Allied Vaughn.

Might save a week.

I'm in Dallas so I guess I'm in good shape.

bob

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
how long?
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2006, 11:53:14 am »

A small question, why not ship the code to Dallas and duplicate there. Duplium has an operation here. As does Allied Vaughn.

Might save a week.

I'm in Dallas so I guess I'm in good shape.

bob
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=61259\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
We certainly could do that, but I prefer things kept under one roof. There is nothing like showing up at your supplier to check on things - something I do in Toronto. Notwithstanding the problems with the USPS part of delivery to the USA, Duplium (based here in Toronto) give us very good service and pricing. Our previous experience with a US-based duplicator and shipper was problematic; problems that were solved by keeping a close eye on a local supplier.

Chris S

JMCP

how long?
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2006, 01:18:12 pm »

Hi,

for the guy from the UK who is still waiting, I am in Scotland and received my disc just a few days after getting my email notification. Any disc's I have ordered have always arrived within a few days.

Cheers John

Bill in WV

how long?
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2006, 11:31:59 pm »

Thanks to the efforts of the Customer Support Team, my replacement set of the LLVJ #14 and its partner, the Lightroom CD arrived on Saturday, Apr 1. Would have reported earlier but I've been busy watching and learning. Still have no idea where the original shipment may be.

Street Shooting in China and Clyde Butcher have been worth the wait. And I like the other stuff too.

Bill in WV
Bill Evans
 Currently shooting with Canon

KeithR

how long?
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2006, 05:08:23 pm »

I, also want to thank Steve for all the effort that he put forth in trying to appease those of use who did not receive our issue. Likewise I e-mailed him, and he replied promptly. Today I got notification that a new issue #14 was on it's way. But guess what showed up in my mail today. I suspect that it was the originally sent issue. But if it was the replacement, I want to nominate Steve to be the next PostMaster General! 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60906\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just a note to again thank Steve and Chriss for all they have done to get us our copies of LLVJ. For as long as it took to get my original #14, I received the replacement today. Eleven days after I was e-mailed that a replacement was sent out!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up