Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Crops  (Read 3905 times)

James R

Custom Crops
« on: August 15, 2015, 02:37:04 am »

I just noticed that LR will not allow me to create and save more than 5 custom crops.  Two of the current 5 are not needed, but I can't delete them.  Is there a "secret" way to delete these?  If not, this is one of LR's dumbest ideas. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Custom Crops
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 03:17:48 am »

LR keeps only the last five.  Sixth one, however, kicks the first one out. By adding seventh, eight, etc. you can ultimately arrive to a "magnificent five" (i.e.,  those five you want to keep).

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 03:58:40 am »

Slobodan is right, LR will keep the last five values of custom crops. As far as I know, there is no option in LR to delete unwanted ratios (e.g. you want only three instead of the possible five). 
Having said that, the custom crop ratios are stored in the LR catalog (a sqlite database), so they can be edited with any sqlite editor (available free) if you feel like doing it.
Look for the value "Adobe_customCropAspects" in the table "Adobe_variablesTable"

Another option, which I don't recommend, is to create a new catalogue

James R

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 04:03:56 am »

That is how I thought it was suppose to work.  But, I attempted to add 3 different customer crops and they did not replace the current 5 crops.  There in lies the rub...it isn't working right.  Using CC on a Mac Pro (trash can).

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 04:19:14 am »

Are those crop factors similar or close to existing ones? there is a known bug in LR which does not allow you to create crops wich are very close to existing ones. Another option is to reset the preferences and try again.

James R

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 06:34:43 pm »

They are close.  Let me throw some big numbers in there and maybe that will resolve the problems.  Thanks

James R

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 06:51:45 pm »

Are those crop factors similar or close to existing ones? there is a known bug in LR which does not allow you to create crops wich are very close to existing ones. Another option is to reset the preferences and try again.

That was the problem.  Very odd.  But, I can now set up my crops without issue.  Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up