Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 4179 times)

Vesa

• http://
Noise
« on: March 07, 2006, 04:29:19 pm »

Evening...

Anyone using Noise Ninja for reducing noise...? Do you prefer to reduce grain with NN or perhaps with gaussian blur in Photo Shop and apply unsharpmask on top of that...? or maybe you have some other method...
Vesa E

macgyver

Noise
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 04:40:42 pm »

Yes, I use NN for noise reduction.

That's why I bought it.

Why do you ask?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 04:41:18 pm by macgyver »

DarkPenguin

Noise
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 04:50:36 pm »

I use neat image.  But between the 20D's noise characteristics and the noise reduction in most of the converters I use (CO or RSE) I really don't use it much anymore.

I will use it to smooth a sky or water surface.

Vesa

Noise
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 05:02:26 pm »

Yes, I use NN for noise reduction.

That's why I bought it.

Why do you ask?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=59729\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why do I ask...?

Well I quess to get stupid answers from stupid people...that´s why...!
Can´t you read or what..!
Vesa E

macgyver

Noise
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 05:29:52 pm »

Ok, fine.  No, I do not reduce noise with a blur or other method.  I use NN and fine it to work well for most of my needs. It takes a bit of time to learn how to tweak it for the best results, but I'm happy wiht it.

Also, yes, I think I can read.  Or at least I used to be able to do so....maybe I've lost it....I'll have to check...  

What I meant, was if you had a specific question or if you were just trying to gauge people's thoughts on the product.  No need to be harsh.

Vesa

Noise
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 05:56:15 pm »

Ok, fine.  No, I do not reduce noise with a blur or other method.  I use NN and fine it to work well for most of my needs. It takes a bit of time to learn how to tweak it for the best results, but I'm happy wiht it.

Also, yes, I think I can read.  Or at least I used to be able to do so....maybe I've lost it....I'll have to check...  

What I meant, was if you had a specific question or if you were just trying to gauge people's thoughts on the product.  No need to be harsh.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=59738\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well in that case I apologise   for my rudeness...

Yes, I had a specific question or at least I thought so  
I just bought my NN and profiled my E-1 and E-300. The thing that puzzles me is
that if there was some way to get a smooth and somewhat grainless appearance to the image without losing the details...not quite happy with the results using NN.

Again I´m sorry, I quess I got you wrong...
Vesa E

macgyver

Noise
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 07:21:32 pm »

Don't worry about it.

Anyway, have you downloaded the noise profiles specific to your cameras?  If not you can get those from NN's website.  Also, I find that just letting the program run its course with your picture doesn't always produce the best result.  Have you tried playing with any of the fine adjustent sliders?  (luminace and color, smoothness, sharpening, strenghth, etc)

Vesa

Noise
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 11:07:06 am »

Don't worry about it.

Anyway, have you downloaded the noise profiles specific to your cameras?  If not you can get those from NN's website.  Also, I find that just letting the program run its course with your picture doesn't always produce the best result.  Have you tried playing with any of the fine adjustent sliders?  (luminace and color, smoothness, sharpening, strenghth, etc)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=59748\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks...´friends´again  

I made my own profiles...had a photolab print the colour chart and photographed
it with all ISO levels except 100. Although I say it myself I´ve gotten quite familiar with
the NN and have ´played´ with all the sliders. NN doesn´t do good enough job on its own.  I understand that it can´t do miracles and it may be that I´m reaching for the skies. Meaning I´m expecting more that it actually can produce...so I reverse what I said before and quess I´m getting good enough results...

Just wanted to ask if someone with more experience had a tip how to perform better  

As it is...should not shoot with high ISO but like a finnish wildlife/nature photographer said... "sometimes better to get a atleast a poor quality photo than none"!

Thanks for your interest towards the matter anyway  
Vesa E
Pages: [1]   Go Up