Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oly E-M1 Problem with Adjustment Wheels  (Read 1648 times)

BradSmith

Oly E-M1 Problem with Adjustment Wheels
« on: August 10, 2015, 08:20:47 pm »

I have a 4 month old E-M1 that seems to me, to be operating strangely.  When I rotate either the front or rear wheel to make adjustments, the wheel will sometimes move one "click" but no adjustment to the parameter is actually made.  My camera is set to 1/3 stop increments.  For example, in Aperture Priority mode, sometimes to change the aperture one stop will take 4 or 5 clicks, rather than 3.    This behavior is intermittent.    Have any of you with Oly's seen this behavior?  Before I send it in to be checked out, I want to be sure I'm not missing something.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
RESOLVED----I think I got my answer.  Googled the issue, and up popped many discussions that this problem is common with this camera and it will be repaired by Olympus under warranty. Off it goes.
thanks
Brad
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:49:30 pm by BradSmith »

b_rubenstein

Re: Oly E-M1 Problem with Adjustment Wheels
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 11:16:18 am »

It's not uncommon to have the rear control dial act that way, but much less common for the front dial. My rear dial started to act up when I didn't use the camera very much. I found out that with the camera turned off and spinning the dial CW and CCW with the side of my thumb for 5 - 10 seconds. This probably cleans some crud off the contact surfaces.

Scott Hein

• Hein Natural History Photography
Re: Oly E-M1 Problem with Adjustment Wheels
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 03:44:04 pm »

RESOLVED----I think I got my answer.  Googled the issue, and up popped many discussions that this problem is common with this camera and it will be repaired by Olympus under warranty. Off it goes.
thanks

Yes, I also ended up sending my E-M1 back to Olympus for warranty service to fix the rear dial that was exhibiting this same beahvior.  The good news is that the problem hasn't returned.

-Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up