Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For sale:Hasselblad CF-39MS Digital Camera Back in CT/USA  (Read 6496 times)

jay1688

For sale:Hasselblad CF-39MS Digital Camera Back in CT/USA
« on: August 10, 2015, 06:51:49 pm »

Up for sale is my Hasselblad CF-39MS Digital Camera Back, S/N IX86084016. I'm the original owner and is in PERFECT WORKING ORDER. Cosmetically VERY CLEAN. 99% Studio use. MS stands for Multi-Shot which when used the images are beautifully detailed and free of any aberrations (moire, alaising, fringing...). The back comes with a H-Series adapter, cases, covers and cables. Most significantly a 15' firewire cable. Last year, complete service/cleaning from Hasselblad. If interested, I will also be listing a complete Fujifilm GX-680 system with adapter. Will ship FedEx/fully insured. Asking $4500 +shipping.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:04:45 pm by jay1688 »

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: For sale:Hasselblad CF-39MS Digital Camera Back in CT/USA
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 10:20:57 pm »

Is this the first version or the 2nd version?
Number of shots? 
any fungus under cover glass? 
Rolleiflex USA

jay1688

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 10:51:22 am »

No fungus under glass. If you can tell me how to find the version/shots, I will post.
   Thanks!
     Steve

Theodoros

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 09:35:46 pm »

Is this the first version or the 2nd version?
Number of shots? 
any fungus under cover glass? 

Hi Eric... As far as my knowledge goes, there is only one version of this back, what may confuse you, is that there are newer and older version of the adapter... which is not a crucial aspect, there is no better functioning with the later adapter... but I may be wrong, please correct me if I am!  :)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 02:21:39 am »

There was a CF-ii 39 MS
This would be indicated in the info screen I think.  I had one but its been a long while since I sold it and can't remember.  Just scroll through the menu until you see the info screen that shows the frame count and hours of use.    You may also see the info in the EXIF.  This had an improved version of the sensor and a better screen.   It was a remarkable back actually.  It was too bad they didn't make that 16 shot like the newer Sinar's are.  Actually it's too bad HB discontinued the whole CF product line up.   

I'm looking for the CF / ixpress to Rolleiflex adapter plates too.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:23:56 am by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

Theodoros

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 01:16:40 pm »

There was a CF-ii 39 MS
This would be indicated in the info screen I think.  I had one but its been a long while since I sold it and can't remember.  Just scroll through the menu until you see the info screen that shows the frame count and hours of use.    You may also see the info in the EXIF.  This had an improved version of the sensor and a better screen.   It was a remarkable back actually.  It was too bad they didn't make that 16 shot like the newer Sinar's are.  Actually it's too bad HB discontinued the whole CF product line up.   

I'm looking for the CF / ixpress to Rolleiflex adapter plates too.
Mine is one of the later versions that have been made, (Hasselblad CF 936, SN:86084020) that is about the only information that there is in the menu (there is no frame counter or other info that indicates different versions)... Also, in Hasselblad's web page, (the back is still officially supported by Hasselblad) there is no mentioning of a CF-39II MS version... Mind you that CF-39MS is a later back than the (superb) CF-22MS which was a redesign of the Imacon 528c (with CF card ability and optional newer version of the image bank), but I remember you calling yours as Hasslblad CF-528C although it looks identical to the CF-22MS and CF-39MS (which share exactly the same case), so I believe there may be that CF-22MS had two versions (the first called CF-528c), while CF-39MS had only one that appeared along with the later CF-22MS...
Having 16x ability with the CF-39MS would indeed be fantastic to have, but I believe that at the days 6.8micron size pixels was too small to have half step (3.4 microns) accurately controlled.... Never the less, 4x is still enough for most applications and surely more analytical than any modern 80mp back in single shot mode... It also comes very handy if one (like you or me) already has a 22mp back with 16x ability, having intermediate files for the cases that 16X is an overkill is great.... In fact, that's why I replaced my Imacon 528c with the CF-39MS after I got the Sinarback 54H... There was no point in having two backs with exactly the same resolution and abilities, keeping one of them and replacing the other with the CF-39MS yet retaining the self contained single shot ability, surely looks more reasonable.

Theodoros

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 07:15:13 pm »

It seems that Eric is right! (as usual)... There was a CF-II version and Stefan's back is one of them! The later version looks identical in appearance to the first version, but one of the LEDs (the one on the left) at the bottom of the rear plate which on the first version is a small "bar", while on the later version is a "dot" (like the other one on the right side)... Good to know this Eric, thanks!

jay1688

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 04:18:22 pm »

SOLD!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up