Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vendor bona fides query  (Read 7050 times)

Stuarte

• http://
Vendor bona fides query
« on: March 06, 2006, 11:55:44 am »

I am re-entering the world of serious photography after a 15-year break, and am in the process of shopping round for equipment.  Specifically I'm after an EOS 20D or 5D and a couple of lenses.

This site of FlyPhotoVideo has some of what I'm interested in at very tempting prices.  

I have been in e-mail contact with one of the people, and asked for a telephone conversation but she said they only offer telephone support to wholesale customers.

Has anyone here had any dealings with FlyPhotoVideo?  I ran a search on the forum before posting this but it drew a blank.

Many thanks in advance

Paul Sumi

Vendor bona fides query
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 12:25:35 pm »

I am re-entering the world of serious photography after a 15-year break, and am in the process of shopping round for equipment.  Specifically I'm after an EOS 20D or 5D and a couple of lenses.

This site of FlyPhotoVideo has some of what I'm interested in at very tempting prices. 

I have been in e-mail contact with one of the people, and asked for a telephone conversation but she said they only offer telephone support to wholesale customers.

Has anyone here had any dealings with FlyPhotoVideo?  I ran a search on the forum before posting this but it drew a blank.

Many thanks in advance
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=59606\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The usual rule-of-thumb is, if the offer looks too good to be true, it usually is.  Did you notice that the only payment option is a moneygram?  I'm assuming that, unlike a credit card, moneygrams have no fraud protection or other legal recourse in case of problems.

You don't say where you are located, but I suggest you go to a reputable, established vendor like B&H photo.

Paul
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 12:26:53 pm by PaulS »

Stuarte

Vendor bona fides query
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 12:41:50 pm »

The usual rule-of-thumb is, if the offer looks too good to be true, it usually is.  Did you notice that the only payment option is a moneygram?  I'm assuming that, unlike a credit card, moneygrams have no fraud protection or other legal recourse in case of problems.

You don't say where you are located, but I suggest you go to a reputable, established vendor like B&H photo.

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=59611\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Paul.  I'm located in the UK.

I have had further correspondence with this "vendor" and I'm still not at all satisfied that they're okay.

sangram_m

Vendor bona fides query
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 12:58:10 pm »

Thanks Paul.  I'm located in the UK.

I have had further correspondence with this "vendor" and I'm still not at all satisfied that they're okay.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=59612\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This site is a scam. Please don't waste your money or time on this because you are not going get anything.

FYI...I have already lost my money. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM www.FLYPHOTOVIDEO.com

Stuarte

Vendor bona fides query
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 01:18:38 pm »

This site is a scam. Please don't waste your money or time on this because you are not going get anything.

FYI...I have already lost my money. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM www.FLYPHOTOVIDEO.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=59899\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, I've come to that conclusion too, although I don't have any evidence.  So I'm buying an EOS 5D from a proper UK vendor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up