Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone tried Piccure +?  (Read 19004 times)

Lundberg02

Anyone tried Piccure +?
« on: August 07, 2015, 03:13:38 am »

I had a visit from a nephew and his wife and took a few pictures with a point and shoot that were ruined by my shaky hand due to a temporary illness. I tried Focus Magic but didn't get anywhere reasonable. Then I got an email about Piccure+ and downloaded the trial. The default settings rescued the first one I tried. To the point that i was able to post it on Facebook and not look worse than the other crappy FB efforts.  I haven't been this amazed since the first time I used Photoshop 20 years ago.
Yes, it's way way overpriced. Haven't decided if I'll use it that much.
Anyone?

brianrybolt

Re: Anyone tried Piccure +?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 04:27:34 am »

I've only used the most recent beta and found it was EXTREMELY slow.  (Fuji X files)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar

Lundberg02

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 12:13:33 am »

my 12 mp image took about 2 minutes with default lens+ settings. Another crappy image with a lot of motion blur took longer  in motion blur and was usable but not as good.

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 11:30:08 am »

The theory of the software is nice, but the reality is that I've never had great success with it AND it is incredibly slow. It may be OK for the occasional image that's not terribly large. I tried it on a poster image for a client -- 200MB in 8-bit -- where I had a little bit of ghosting caused by strobe fill with daylight. Looked better without. I feel it's more a sharpening algorithm than really about blur (which is really what it's about anyway -- precieved sharpness). Try it and see how you like it.

Lundberg02

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 06:55:44 pm »

After looking at the link to another LuLa thread, I contacted Damon Lynch about the 10% discount. He replied as shown below:

It turns out that the 10% offer finished, but there is another way: I have just joined their affiliate program. We can split the 20% commission in two, which would work out to 10% for you and 10% for me. However there is a small catch: you will probably need to wait for some time before I can pay you, because I need to earn a minimum of $50 through their program before they'd pay me. If all this sounds okay with you, you can use this link to purchase the program: http://www.idevaffiliate.com/31785/idevaffiliate.php?id=128

Personally, I use Piccure+ regularly. The only exception is when I'm working with noisy high ISO images or for some reason I have to output a set of images in which I don't have time to run Piccure on them.

Best,
Damon

I really liked what Piccure did for my botched image, but I'm a little uncertain how much I'd use it. On the other hand, I've paid more for apps I use infrequently, and I have any number of apps  that were a few dollars or free that I don't ever use. Maybe just an insurance tool like a fire axe, worth it if you have to have it.
Not sure it's supposed to do anything about ghosting.

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 09:56:28 pm »

I tried v2.5 and soon gave up, because it was clumsy and slow, and it seemed to produce a lot of artifacts.  I will grant that the problem may have been my own incompetence, but I did not feel the need to pursue it any further.  Others may have better luck.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up