Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon costs.  (Read 2073 times)

enduser

Canon costs.
« on: August 05, 2015, 11:22:29 pm »

We had a Canon 6100 for 6.5years and apart from ink, the only other cost was printheads. At $640 each and for the six we  went through, the daily printhead cost is 17 cents per day.
Over the whole six + years we had no nozzle blockages that we knew about, due to the auto re-mapping, and never once did we do a nozzle check before printing.
I'm sure that the cost of 17cents a day was amortised many times over by  not having any other delays than a head swap of ten minutes every 12 months.
We also replaced 2 $70 maintenance tanks whilst we owned it.

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Canon costs.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 04:31:15 am »

Aussie dollars I concluded at that price and got confirmed when I checked your country. About 350 Euro (incl 21% VAT) per iPF 05 head with 6 channels and two of them per printer is what I recalled. Similar pricing in US $.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2014 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots

alain

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 03:07:18 pm »

We had a Canon 6100 for 6.5years and apart from ink, the only other cost was printheads. At $640 each and for the six we  went through, the daily printhead cost is 17 cents per day.
Over the whole six + years we had no nozzle blockages that we knew about, due to the auto re-mapping, and never once did we do a nozzle check before printing.
I'm sure that the cost of 17cents a day was amortised many times over by  not having any other delays than a head swap of ten minutes every 12 months.
We also replaced 2 $70 maintenance tanks whilst we owned it.

What was you're print volume?

enduser

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:03:32 pm »

Probably about 20 a week, mostly 16" x 24" and 16" x 40" panos, all on matte cotton canvas. We attended many craft markets on weekly basis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up