Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbs up for X-rite i1 Display Pro monitor calibrator  (Read 1533 times)

Kiwi Paul

• My flickr
Thumbs up for X-rite i1 Display Pro monitor calibrator
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:27:06 pm »

I just got delivery of one today, I was was disappointed with the Spyder 4 and found the manufacturers default monitor settings were more accurate than the Spyder and eventually sold the Spyder.
I use a Dell 2413 and HP ZR24w, both very good monitors.
The Dell has look up tables (LUT) and after finding a very good article on the web about how to calibrate it with the i1 using the Dell software took the plunge and bought one. I've completed the calibration, using preset 1 as a wide gamut and preset 2 as sRGB. The colours and luminance levels seem spot on. I then calibrated the ZR24w (no LUT software settings only) and the luminance levels were spot on but the display had a slightly red tinge to it, so I fine tuned it using manual adjustment, using the Dell monitor as a reference. The 2 monitors are now as identical as I can expect, considering they are different brands and the Dell is wide gamut while the HP isn't.
The i1 did a stella job and the HP monitor only required a small adjustment to have it pretty much looking identical to the Dell.
Bottom line, I can recommend the X-rite i1, especially for those using Dell monitors with LUT facility.

Another bonus, I get £15 off a years sub to Adobe CC, just at the right time too as I'm about to subscribe :)

Paul
Sony A7R3 + FE 12-24, 24-105, 70-300
Sony RX100 Mk6

rubencarmona

Re: Thumbs up for X-rite i1 Display Pro monitor calibrator
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 10:59:44 am »

The reason your new calibrator work's better is that the hardware calibration software of your Dell won't support Spyder. A hardware calibration with a Spyder would give you good results too. (I calibrate my EIZO with it's ColorEdge software hardware-based).

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: Thumbs up for X-rite i1 Display Pro monitor calibrator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 12:27:11 pm »

The reason X-Rite i1Display Pro works better than Spyder is that it IS better. Here's a quick evaluation of sensor accuracy on NEC PA242W with JETI Specbos 1211 measurement as reference:

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 03:36:24 am by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa
Pages: [1]   Go Up