Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

First hand experience using the Canon T/S lenses on the Sony a7rII?

(1/2) > >>

BernardLanguillier:
Team,

Has someone tried those and performed critical image review?

I am curious how the new sensor of the Sony performs with the Canon T/S lenses in terms of color cast/color desaturation when shifted/tilted.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bart_van_der_Wolf:

--- Quote from: BernardLanguillier on August 03, 2015, 03:57:35 am ---Team,

I am curious how the new sensor of the Sony performs with the Canon T/S lenses in terms of color cast/color desaturation when shifted/tilted.

--- End quote ---

I agree with Berhard that it would be interesting to hear from practical experiences with that combination, but I expect no real issues since the lenses are designed for a relatively perpendicular ray angle on the sensor. Resolution wise, one can only expect stunning results, even with the 'old' TS-E 90mm design. The 24mm II would still be limited to it's best image circle quality, say with no more than 6 or 7mm shift for a somewhat uniform quality from center to edge/corner of the image. The 17mm is too wide for my taste, so I wouldn't know the optimum quality image circle limits for that one.

Cheers,
Bart

CptZar:
Can't tell you about the A7rII so far, as I am still waiting for it. But on the A7II, the A7r, the 17 and 24mm TS lenses work flawless. The Metabones Mark IV has an increased image circle for TS lenses. I can't see any difference to the usage on a Canon body.  Absolutely recommended.

Cheers

Jan

ErikKaffehr:
Gimme a week. I expect my A7rII arrives this week. I have a 24/3.5 TSE but no camera to put it on. I did some tests on a Canon 5DIII and I was not that impressed.

Best regards
Erik

--- Quote from: BernardLanguillier on August 03, 2015, 03:57:35 am ---Team,

Thanks.

Cheers,
Bernard

--- End quote ---

BernardLanguillier:

--- Quote from: ErikKaffehr on August 03, 2015, 06:30:40 am ---Gimme a week. I expect my A7rII arrives this week. I have a 24/3.5 TSE but no camera to put it on. I did some tests on a Canon 5DIII and I was not that impressed.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. It will be interesting to get your objective view.

Cheers,
Bernard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version