Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeking advice on Quebec parks and landscape locations  (Read 2724 times)

JDOAK

Seeking advice on Quebec parks and landscape locations
« on: August 02, 2015, 09:20:48 am »

I am contemplating a 2 week trip to Quebec at the end of summer.  I've done a fair amount of research and am familiar with what is available online for most of the parks.  In addition, I was able to spend a few days in Mont Tremblant and La Mauricie National Parks a few years ago, so I have some knowledge of those two parks.

I am seeking mountainous or grand landscapes, and vistas, with no roads, buildings,.....  I am looking to do some 2-3 day backpack trips and a lot of day hiking.

For those of you who have been to several Quebec parks, using the criteria above, what would be your top 5 destinations?

Thank you

JD
www.sublimelightlp.com

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Seeking advice on Quebec parks and landscape locations
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 01:48:16 pm »

Since you know about Mont Tremblant, you know that there is plenty of wilderness once you get past the resorts. Their web site can tell you if you need to reserve camping locations.

In the Charlevoix area, the Parc National des Grands Jardins, just north-west of Baie Saint Paul has nice trails and is a bit more isolated than Tremblant, although that may not be true at this time of year. The hike up to the top of Mont Lac des Cygnes (spelling??) is fun and gives nice views. Parc national des Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie, just north-west of Malbaie is a beautiful spot, lots of trails. Both those areas are close to major towns, easy to find good food and shelter. UNless you get unlucky and hit a heat wave, temperatures will be cool(er) too. It's a shame you're not going in autumn, colours turn towards the end of September.
--
Robert

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Seeking advice on Quebec parks and landscape locations
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 04:32:57 pm »

As already noted above, the Charlevoix area is quite beautiful but busier in August.

The whole Saguenay river area is fabulous from its mouth at Tadoussac all the way up to Chicoutimi. Be sure to see it from the water (kayak rentals are available in places).

The Gaspé peninsula and the Chic-Choc mountains are also worthwhile.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 04:43:03 pm by Chris Sanderson »
Pages: [1]   Go Up