Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

tripod mount that moves the camera incrementally in a rectangular motion

(1/3) > >>

Master Technika:
I am curious if there is a tripod mount that can keep the camera parallel while moving it incrementally to the sides and up and down in a rectangular motion.  I would like to stitch files to give them the ratios of 4x5 and 8x10 film.  Thanks!

Bart_van_der_Wolf:

--- Quote from: Master Technika on August 01, 2015, 04:06:36 pm ---I am curious if there is a tripod mount that can keep the camera parallel while moving it incrementally to the sides and up and down in a rectangular motion.  I would like to stitch files to give them the ratios of 4x5 and 8x10 film.  Thanks!
--- End quote ---

Hi,

Don't know if a ready-made solution exists, but wouldn't it be easier to use a (camera/back feature) sensor plane shift, or a subject mount shift? Moving the whole camera+lens around might require a very large rig if the subject is large, and the subject could only be stitched reliably if it's flat.

It might help to know what kind/size of subject needs to be shot, and if it's indoors or outdoors.

Cheers,
Bart

Master Technika:
I'd be using it for object such as painting or other static 2 dimensional objects.  I just need something that either allows me to shift the sensor plane accurately in increments or the whole camera.  I see mounts like the Gigapan and wonder if there is something that just moves it around in a rectangular fashion while allowing for the 40% of overlap Photoshop needs for stitching.  Kapture group makes a "Quadstitch back that seems similar to what I have in mind.  However, if there are other ideas for this including a way to move the entire camera accurately in this formation I would be interested to hear. 

alan_b:
It won't be light or compact, but it'd be pretty easy to make a rig out of T-Slot rail for this.

graeme:
Could you move the object you're photographing around instead?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version