Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Pro 4900 Maintenance Kit  (Read 2524 times)

mark_houston

Epson Pro 4900 Maintenance Kit
« on: August 01, 2015, 11:13:49 am »

Hi All,
at link below you can download Epson Pro 4900/4910 Service Manual & Adjustment Program Windows software (.ZIP - 39.93 MB - w/password).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfxv7g2yltdj7fs/EpsonPro4900MaintenanceKit.zip?dl=0
Password: luminous2015

Hope helps!
Best,
~mark
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:32:31 pm by mark_houston »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson Pro 4900 Maintenance Kit
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 11:38:52 am »

Several questions: who owns the Dropbox account where this data is stored? Why should I believe it is safe to click on that link? Is it legal to download and use those materials, or are they proprietary?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

mark_houston

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 11:43:07 am »

Dropbox account is mine, I've bought online (Google it for more info). All comes from Epson.
Think positive Mark!  ;)
Best
~m

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 12:06:33 pm »

Yes, the origin of the material must be Epson, but where you got it from may not be. And yes, I've heard of Google, but that doesn't answer my inquiries. Part of "positivity" is getting direct answers to direct questions. Anyhow, I'll leave it at that. "Caveat Emptor" even if the price is free, and thanks for the offer anyhow.

printbreakr

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 03:05:52 pm »

Can you tell us a little about the purpose of the adjustment program?

John V.

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 04:48:07 pm »

There's no risk in clicking on the dropbox link. It just provides a direct link to the file being shared. I downloaded it. It's the same service program/manual sold by 2manuals.com. All of the files match my copy bit for bit, so there's no funny stuff going on. It's a legit copy. I didn't have the manual, only the program, so thanks.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:55:01 pm by John V. »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 05:22:43 pm »

OK, just so you'll know, this has been available from that source since quite some time ago. Trustworthy advice I received as a result of a private inquiry back then indicated the following: (1) The service manual and the service application are Epson proprietary materials that Epson provides only to designated service outlets; they are not in the public domain and all other distribution of them is not authorized. Epson will not provide them to users like us. (2) As well, copies being marketed on the Internet may not be exactly correct in all respects or may not in all cases correspond with the details of the printer model it is intended to cover, because the manuals undergo periodic revision, hence there are usually a number of versions of the same basic manual. (3) It takes training to be able to use these materials properly - some routines being less straightforward than others, even with the manual and the software.

So, having learned that (a) it's possibly not "legal", (b) it may not be the most appropriate version, and (c) using it could be beyond my pay-grade resulting possibly in even more costly service calls than otherwise, being perhaps quite a risk-averse individual I decided to pass on it. Having seen my 4900 opened up a couple of times, I've decided to apply the theory of comparative advantage to printer repairs and use my time otherwise; but YMMV. Would be interesting to hear of successful outcomes from those who have used these materials to do whatever on their 4900s, without prior training.

mark_houston

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 05:44:24 am »

You're welcome John V.!
I do believe in sharing knowledge and this is my little contribution to this forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up