Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MFD Processing Challenge  (Read 6832 times)

DaveRichardson

Re: MFD Processing Challenge
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 10:16:53 am »

Personally, I don't like things oversaturated or overcontrasty... maybe just a bit warmer... IMO, a landscape is always depended on the correct sky color...

It is great that there are so many ways to process all starting from the same capture. With me it depends on the destination and what the image will be used for. So sometimes I would make it "pop" a bit, others I would back of the saturation and vibrance for a more muted/natural look.

Dave

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 10:52:16 am »

It is great that there are so many ways to process all starting from the same capture. With me it depends on the destination and what the image will be used for. So sometimes I would make it "pop" a bit, others I would back of the saturation and vibrance for a more muted/natural look.

Dave

I always like looking at the way other retouchers approach their work - especially if it's on page 3.  :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

DaveRichardson

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 11:46:06 am »

I like to paint and put effort, when painting, into creating the illusion of "depth" by muting background colours and detail. Strangely then I find myself doing the opposite when processing photographs and trying to cut through some background haze  :)
I do sometimes find it useful when processing a landscape to step back and think how would I paint the scene which affects how I process the contrast and colour in foreground/background.

The point you make about looking at how others create and process an image, and learning from it, is what makes a forum and thread like this so valuable.

Dave

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 12:24:09 pm »

Hi Dave,

Your input is much valued! I often feel that I am trapped in my vision when developing images and insights like yours is much appreciated.

Best regards
Erik

I like to paint and put effort, when painting, into creating the illusion of "depth" by muting background colours and detail. Strangely then I find myself doing the opposite when processing photographs and trying to cut through some background haze  :)
I do sometimes find it useful when processing a landscape to step back and think how would I paint the scene which affects how I process the contrast and colour in foreground/background.

The point you make about looking at how others create and process an image, and learning from it, is what makes a forum and thread like this so valuable.

Dave
Erik Kaffehr

landscapephoto

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 05:25:35 am »

Maybe B&W processing?

Oscar Avellaneda-Cruz

• Ave Photo
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 06:40:07 am »

I did this on my laptop which hasn't been calibrated in a while so I'm sure the color will look different on your system. My goal was give it a color treatment reminiscent of the consumer grade fuji slide film Sensia. More impressionistic than literal.

While tweaking RGB curves I discovered could pull deep blue into face of the darker areas of rock.
Thanks for the prompt that was fun.

you can grab the whole C1 session here off my dropbox

Professional

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 05:25:14 am »

My attempt:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up