Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

A7RII initial thoughts and images

(1/92) > >>

Quentin:
My new A7RII arrived yesterday lunchtime.

Here are a few of the first images from it, all taken with the 16-35mm F/4 which arrived at my office at the same time.

Bank Reflections

a super high ISO 102,400 shot, with some Luminance NR in ACR

Thoughts:

1.  Much faster AF

2.  Quite a "creamy" lowish contrast out of camera rendition with RAW files.   Spookily low noise in shadow areas, good highlight recovery

3.  I'm not a fan of the boxy shape camera body, but I can live with that for the image quality.

4.  One camera to rule them all?   it just might be.

Quentin

michael:
Thanks for the initial impressions.

I will be attending a Sony launch event on the West Coast this coming week and shooting extensively with the A7RII there, and then will be shooting for a further five days in The Palouse area of Washington state. Chris and Kevin will be joining me for this shoot.

I expect to have an in-depth report here afterwards as well as some video on my field impressions.

We have both new Zeiss Batis lenses to work with as well.

Michael

MatthewCromer:
Always really appreciate your reviews Michael. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the A7R2.

Quentin, would love to see some well-processed, super high DR shots if you get the chance.

Quentin:
Michael

That's good to hear.  I'm particularity interested in how the Batis lenses fare on the A7RII.  Could be a match made in photograph heaven.

I hope to do more tests with the kit I have this weekend.

--- Quote from: michael on July 31, 2015, 10:55:53 am ---Thanks for the initial impressions.

I will be attending a Sony launch event on the West Coast this coming week and shooting extensively with the A7RII there, and then will be shooting for a further five days in The Palouse area of Washington state. Chris and Kevin will be joining me for this shoot.

I expect to have an in-depth report here afterwards as well as some video on my field impressions.

We have both new Zeiss Batis lenses to work with as well.

Michael

--- End quote ---

Quentin:

--- Quote from: MatthewCromer on July 31, 2015, 11:02:50 am ---
Quentin, would love to see some well-processed, super high DR shots if you get the chance.

--- End quote ---

I'm on it  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version