Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repeating your images: Good or Bad?  (Read 10243 times)

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Repeating your images: Good or Bad?
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 04:28:28 pm »

Are you always on a photo mission to get a particular kind-of photo? I will do that, and I will go back to locations when the light is likely to be better etc - but I was wondering about the occasions when I'm just looking around; and when I later look at the photos I took, I recognise the elements that I'd used in previous photos from different locations.

Definitely not always. I usually go out a couple of evenings a week and try to catch a sunrise maybe every two weeks.
I do find myself repeating shots like puddle reflections, slow shutter rivers snaking into the distance, moonrise, etc. But like someone said each time you look, even if it's a place you looked at before you will see something new. I find this to be true and that being true then I'm not really taking the "same" photo again am I? If it's clear (boring sky) and I'm looking through the viewfinder at a scene I have photographed before with a boring sky, I may not press the shutter. But if there is something different (in a good way) them I would take it plus few variations of it.
-MattB

Isaac

Re: Repeating your images: Good or Bad?
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 11:12:18 am »

I do find myself repeating shots like puddle reflections, slow shutter rivers snaking into the distance, moonrise, etc.

Those are broad categories. Within them (to invent some examples): I might notice a particular angle to the puddle seemed to be favoured, a river snaking half-way into the distance and then fading away seemed to be favoured, a moon in that part of the frame with something else in that part of the frame seemed to be favoured etc

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up