Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 / 6.1.1/ Released  (Read 22430 times)

Kiwi Paul

• My flickr
Re: Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 / 6.1.1/ Released
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 02:24:38 am »

Is the suggestion that the results of an incremental update are different from a full installation?

Not really, I think there were some issues with the i nitial release and 6.1 that were resolved with 6.1.1, I don't know why a reinstallation results in better performance but hopefully going forward the incremental updates will be fine.

Paul
Sony A7R3 + FE 12-24, 24-105, 70-300
Sony RX100 Mk6

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 10:32:28 am »

Along with the expected bunch of new camera and lens profile support, here's the published list of bug fixes:

Bug Fixes:

Unable to merge files to HDR. Please note that this only occurred with DNG files taken with a Leica Monochrom camera.
    Enterprise customers were unable to access functionality only available in the Creative Cloud version of Lightroom, such as Dehaze.
    People keywords export when they shouldn’t if “Write Keywords as Lightroom Hierarchy” is selected.
    Preview generation and export was slower in LrCC/Lr6 than Lr5.
    Customers reported that they could not exit full screen after invoking it while spot heal tool is selected.
    D810 NEF Files could not select Adobe Standard Profile.
    Size adjustment bar moving when clicked but the value listed was not updating accordingly.
    Metadata Export setting not working for Track, Square and Grid galleries in the Web Module.
    Collection name changes were not properly reflected in other Lightroom clients (such as mobile or web). This only impacted collections enabled for sync.
    Incorrect metadata timestamp in a Panorama created in Lr.
    Some files in exported batch are Blank with Watermark only.
    Lr was not properly exporting all photos. Please note that this typically only occurred when the customer was running Bridge at the same time as the export.
    Customers reported seeing a “Waiting for connection” message inside Lightroom when Internet is available.

There is no reference to the dramatic speed slowdown (vs Lr 5.7) or the necessity for many users to uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" in order to make Lr CC run on otherwise powerful up-to-date computers. Also no mention of the buggy issues being experienced by many Wacom users. Does Adobe have a history of quietly slotting in a number of undocumented bug fixes addressing contentious  issues? I hope so.

-pw

I'm intrigued Paul - where did you get this list of bug fixes from? I wanted to see exactly this before downloading the latest version, couldn't find it and Adobe Customer Service stonewalled me. Please see attached track of the "chat" I had with them.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 10:59:43 am »

Undoubtedly individual experiences vary; in my case I have to say kudos to Adobe. After my initial update to LR CC/6.0, after hearing about all the problems people were having with the early July update, I stayed put and lived without the haze filter or the B and W controls in the adjustment tools.

Once 6.1.1 became available the other day I took the plunge on the presumption that Adobe would have by now addressed most if not all the issues that users previously identified. (It had to be a presumption because they wouldn't provide me the list of bug fixes - see post above.) Meanwhile, over the month of July, every day the Adobe Updater application dutifully nagged me to update, and I dutifully ignored it until Thursday morning.

The CC Updater application updated seamlessly, and the subsequent downloads and installation of both Photoshop CC and LR CC 6.1.1 also occurred seamlessly. I downloaded Photoshop first, using the option to retain the previous install, and that worked fine. The Lightroom update however did not provide the option to retain the previous CC version. (So now I have on my system only my "perpetual license" of LR 5.7 and the latest CC 6.1.1.) However, that turned out to be a non-issue, because the new install is fine. It picked-up my latest LR catalog correctly and the application opened exactly where I had left off from the previous usage. As Wayne noticed, I too see quite a dramatic improvement of application responsiveness; for me it seems to be for all tools using the GPU-enabled option. Everything just responds faster and more smoothly. And my GPU is five years old (ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB).

My computing environment is a Rogers High Speed Internet Broadband connection, MacPro mid-2010, 24 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC RAM, 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon hyperthreaded (24 virtual cores), 2.66 GHz, and 2TB Hitachi internal system drive; OSX Mavericks (10.9.5). It's all out of date, but very performing. 

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2015, 02:07:15 pm »

For goodness sakes - then I wonder why this tech support person told me it's internal information and didn't point me there! A case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

rdonson

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 12:15:43 pm »

For goodness sakes - then I wonder why this tech support person told me it's internal information and didn't point me there! A case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Tech support had immediate access to the internal information and likely no knowledge of the release docs or anything publicly available.  He (?) was also quite likely following his process, procedures and scripts.   Its likely that in 5 years you would only get a response from a machine rather than a human. 
Regards,
Ron

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 12:20:18 pm »

Tech support had immediate access to the internal information and likely no knowledge of the release docs or anything publicly available.  He (?) was also quite likely following his process, procedures and scripts.   Its likely that in 5 years you would only get a response from a machine rather than a human. 

Then bottom line is that their training is inadequate. They should be trained to know what is in the public domain and point the customer to the correct place for the information - like Chris Kern did - and I assume he had to such training from Adobe.

rdonson

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2015, 12:57:35 pm »

Then bottom line is that their training is inadequate. They should be trained to know what is in the public domain and point the customer to the correct place for the information - like Chris Kern did - and I assume he had to such training from Adobe.

That would be nice.  I hope you get to sit side saddle sometime with a tech support person to understand what their job is like.  If Adobe provides that information in the tools the support person has at hand it would be great but kind of unlikely.  Please also keep in mind that tech support people are NOT at the top of the tech food chain.  Most are measured and compensated by how long it takes for them to close out a support call or session.  Its also quite likely that for an online chat session like yours that they are "chatting" with 4 or more people at the same time.  It may also be unlikely that the support person supports only 1 or 2 Adobe products.

There are good reasons that Adobe, Apple, etc. have online forums for their products.
Regards,
Ron

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2015, 01:03:07 pm »

I have no doubt their jobs are intense and pressured and I'm not blaming them. I'm blaming their employer. Everything you describe is fixable if they put the resources into it. At the same time the idea of on-line forums is good - they have their place.

rdonson

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 10:34:41 am »

I have no doubt their jobs are intense and pressured and I'm not blaming them. I'm blaming their employer. Everything you describe is fixable if they put the resources into it. At the same time the idea of on-line forums is good - they have their place.

Yep, you nailed it.  All you need is some MBA exec willing to allocate $$$ to improve support.  I can see the spreadsheet for the cost-benefit analysis already.
Regards,
Ron

Paul Wright

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 06:32:47 am »

Well at last...my Win 8.1, i7 3.6 GHz, SSD, 32Gb, nvidia GeForce GTX 770 PC / Wacom Intuos 6.3.11-4 is managing to run Lr CC 2015 1.1/6.1.1 properly.
It took a reinstall of Lr and ALL the latest updates from NVIDIA. This part was critical. Here's hoping it all holds together.

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 12:15:27 pm »

It could be Adobe contract out their technical support to a third party company.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up